Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #1

cobra slash cut true duels

well i ordered my cobra slash cuts today. did i make a mistake? i shied away from the v&h because i had a couple of sets and quality and fit was an issue, not to mention what i have heard on here about fitment problems, noise, and cracking. i wanted the road house dualies but just to expensive. i liked the looks of the slash cobra's cut over the billet tips. i was going to try to modify the oem exaust but found it was going to cost me almost as much as the cobra's. i hope they have the sound i am wanting. not loud but a good tone. bill

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Advanced Member

I think you did good. The only issue I have heard about the cobra slash cuts is that the baffles are welded in, but I don't know that for an absolute fact, since I don't have them.
If you don't like them, you can send them to me. :)

Old 10-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarleybill08
well i ordered my cobra slash cuts today. did i make a mistake? i shied away from the v&h because i had a couple of sets and quality and fit was an issue, not to mention what i have heard on here about fitment problems, noise, and cracking. i wanted the road house dualies but just to expensive. i liked the looks of the slash cobra's cut over the billet tips. i was going to try to modify the oem exaust but found it was going to cost me almost as much as the cobra's. i hope they have the sound i am wanting. not loud but a good tone. bill
I've had them for about 18 months now and really like them. The sound is not too loud but can be if you lean on it. I think you'll be happy with them. The only thing to watch is when you install the heat shields. The tip of the rear pipe heat shield on the right side overlaps the long one covering the front pipe to give a integrated look. I noticed it too late but it had worn into the lower shield over time due to the vibrations. I tried to force the lower pipe back a bit but it wouldn't stay. In my case, the tip of the rear shield was a little too long. I ground off the tip about 1/8" to avoid further damage. Keep a close eye on it so you catch it before it wears into the lower shield.

And yes, the baffles are not removable.

Pete

Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Any chance we can get pics out of the box, pre-install? I have V&H and never had a hint of a problem in a 1500 and then a 1600.

I had no idea and maybe there were not Cobra for Nomads 06 and before.

I had seen these on other bikes and they were all tending to rust. If that is still the way the chrome is take extra special care of them.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 10-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Any chance we can get pics out of the box, pre-install? I have V&H and never had a hint of a problem in a 1500 and then a 1600.

I had seen these on other bikes and they were all tending to rust. If that is still the way the chrome is take extra special care of them.
Sorry, Mac. I didn't take any pictures of the Corbras. Maybe Bill can take some and post them.

No problems with rust so far after 18 months.

Pete

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac

Sorry, Mac. I didn't take any pictures of the Corbras. Maybe Bill can take some and post them.

No problems with rust so far after 18 months.

Pete
they are supposed to arrive tomorrow. just ordered them from dennis kirk yesterday. now thats service. the total price with shipping was $466.00. not good with pic's but i may try. bill