Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Sr. Contributor

OT: stuff

Todd sent me a pm, about the swing arm thread, saying it was sticky. I requested that thread be edited for the hacking around we all did, which i did too..

Todd i guess has done this, so if anyone ends up set any, it is my doing.

Frankly I don't care because I just got 2 inches on new SNOW :'(

This is very upsetting, to see my dufferdills all bent over in the snow, my bike under a heap more, and all I can think is a nice PANIC is in order.... ::)

Just sayin. This thread can drop off as it will no doubt. I just wanted to get any complaints over Todd, since it is my doing. Mac

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #2

Mac, as much as you help everyone out I don't think anyone is going to complain about anything you do. Brother can ya feel the LOVE!
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #3

MAC who?

Snow? ??? ??? Well the snow pile didn't reach your roof this yr anyway. At leastI haven't seen anything posted saying that.

Maybe another life in the maple sap boil.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

yeah this friggin snow set me back hard yesterday, I was pretty bitter about it. I got in a real short ride last weel to the center of town and back. Before i ever chnaged to 2010 Spring tire air. I got that done and rode to the other side of the dooryard, where I keep the bike in that weatha' you guys call summer, and I call bug season. And there it sits under a old red cover which needs re-mewing and a blue trap over that which needs re-newing, and while I'm at it this 58 year body needs some re-newing too.

The youth program I have been on 5 years now isn't working, except for in my mind. I think it's about 14

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #5

Well if this makes feel any better it was 85deg on thurs. and 39 degs. today, got to luv mich.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Mac, don't worry about something you may have said in a thread. You have many people on this forum including myself. Keep helping us when we need it.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #7

If you believe The Book, only 2 folks ever walked on water. One made it and one got wet before he got across the pond. Those of us who can't cross the pond dry, get to make mistakes, I think. And it gives those who think they should beable cross the pond, but can't something to ----- about.
By the by, the last several days I have been riding in a denim jacket or T shirt:-)
thanks for your time

Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
Advanced Member

We had 16", yeah 16", of heavy, wet snow dump on us Tuesday and Wednesday. We had a bit of snow Monday, more on Tuesday, and by Tuesday night, a blizzard had hit most of Southern Alberta and lasted part of Wednesday. 800 downed power lines left most of the areas south of Calgary to the border without power for a day and as of yesterday there was still 1900 homes with out power. We made it to a balmy 12C yesterday and was able to get in a short ride; hoping for warmer today.

Haven't been able to ride for the 2 weeks prior to the storm because of the high winds, some days gusting to 60 mph, a hazard we deal with year round in this area.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #9

Holy SH** . Yo guys get too much snow for me. See Mac you aint got it so bad.

It's funny how as I get older I want more and more warm weather. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCat
We had 16", yeah 16", of heavy, wet snow dump on us Tuesday and Wednesday. We had a bit of snow Monday, more on Tuesday, and by Tuesday night, a blizzard had hit most of Southern Alberta and lasted part of Wednesday. 800 downed power lines left most of the areas south of Calgary to the border without power for a day and as of yesterday there was still 1900 homes with out power. We made it to a balmy 12C yesterday and was able to get in a short ride; hoping for warmer today.

Haven't been able to ride for the 2 weeks prior to the storm because of the high winds, some days gusting to 60 mph, a hazard we deal with year round in this area.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #10

The same two days of the freak snow storm in Northern Alberta the snow was 1foot over the box in my pick up truck..it snowed about 3 feet in just 48hrs. Needless to say it was a lot of white knuckles handling a 700 ton truck down a mine road..Bdog

Old 04-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #11

WHOA!