Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #1

Contact Kawasaki

You can contact Kawasaki by going to their website, click on " our company" then on "contact us". After the "do nothing" letter I received I've invited them to view kawanow.org. Maybe we can get them to listen to us if we flood their mail box.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #2

Contact Kawasaki

what is this in regards to??

Old 12-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Contact Kawasaki

+1

Old 12-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #4

Contact Kawasaki

Quote:
what is this in regards to??
I think regarding gas milage? :-/
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 12-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #5

Contact Kawasaki

See the post "HP vs Weight answer.
It's an old subject and I just got what Kawasaki thinks is an answer to the question.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Contact Kawasaki

It is not an answer. It is a lame attempt to appease.

Even so, I really don't want to gripe at Maw Kaw for the Nomad. It is a great bike. Sure it does not get the best mileage when ran hard from one light to the other or at 75 mpg on the interstate. But, at 60 on the open road it gets a respectable 42mpg all day long. As far as the tranny goes, IMHO it is fine. No need for a 6th gear. Very comfortable bike with a fair amount of options for the $. Power? We can always b*tch about wanting more power but that would mean lower mileage.

I may contact MaKaw with Kudos for a great bike and let them know that I look forward to future versions with more power and better mileage. Ya get more flies with honey...............

VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 12-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller
Contact Kawasaki

mileage on mine is just fine like it like it is if i wanted a loy better i would have bought a scooter

Old 12-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Contact Kawasaki

I gotta go with the "contact Kawasaki" side of this. Better mpg and more hp/torque is NOT out of the question. 95ci's can and SHOULD do better than present. I'm not complaining, just noting an obvious fact based on what other metrics and HD have done with their similar sized engines.

DS

Old 12-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
Advanced Member

Contact Kawasaki

Oldbiker,

I'm in! I just E'd them twice. Once for better mpg, hp and torque. The second time for a 6-speed tranny... noting that other metrics as well as HD have all 4 of these already engineered in their big bikes.

DS

Old 12-30-2007, 06:52 AM   #10

Contact Kawasaki

I'd go for the six speed tranny. I'm happy with the rest. It can go quicker and faster than, this fart needs to go. I'm a laid back rider anyway, don't like to get my blood pressure up, with aggressive riding. and I've learned to control road rage, so I'm not goeing to try and run anyone down with a bulldozzer. I,m probably the only person to ride the Dragon at 40-mph.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller
Contact Kawasaki

no problem with riding at 40 ride were you feel best at. you will live to ride a lot longer

Old 12-31-2007, 01:39 AM   #12

Contact Kawasaki

I had the pleasure to listen to their factory reps at a bike show last year. I told them about how bad my bike pinged, they made me feel like it was a very isolated case, they said it could be the ECU. They blamed it on gas and went on about octane ratings. I only use 92-93. I also asked them about the poor mileage, I was told that 2006 Nomads should be getting close to 50 mpg consistently. I pointed out that HD could do it and alot of other bikes were getting aroung 50, mine runs around 36-38. If I really get on it or do alot of intown riding I get in the high 20's. I was told after the break in, the mileage will get better and if I dont get close to 50 bring it back to my dealer something must be wrong. Well I'm still waiting for the big jump in fuel economy. I think that there first class in factory school must be how to tell stories and sound almost believable while doing so. Even with the lower mileage and less power at low end I still wouldn't trade my Nomad for an HD. I do feel that they could do a better job if they would put their minds to it. I personally have no use for a 6th gear with the way mine pings I'm pretty sure that the drop in rpm's would make mine ping under most all hiway driving conditions.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 AM   #13

Contact Kawasaki

50 MPG? Thats a joke. I average 38 on the highway completely stock.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:55 PM   #14

Contact Kawasaki

I average 40-42

Old 12-31-2007, 06:40 PM   #15

Contact Kawasaki

Stock, I was getting around 37. With the mods, I am down to about 33 at freeway speeds. I had a chance to ride a HD this past week and the 6 speed was nice. Out on the open road you drop into 6 and you watch the RPMs drop. I had written Kawasaki saying the same thing of a need for a 6 speed and better mileage this spring after visiting the trailer at the Arizona Bike Rally. I was also told the same thing. Wait until it is broken in and it will do much better. I have over 23,000 miles and still waiting for it to break in.