Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #1

moving items

I know this is gonna sound like i'm gripping, and I am, but, I mean it in the nicest possible way........but, why are threads being moved to other sections... I'm used to getting on here and looking at the section marked anything to do with nomad talk...and, seems like a little of everything is on there ( or was),,,, and now, you'll be going just fine, and all a sudden, a thread has been moved somewhere else, and you've got to go thru several movements to get there, in order to read it, and several movements to get back......is it just me,,,, am I the only one that feels this way..... thanks ronnie

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Mega-Contributor

moving items

Periodically, threads are moved to forums where they are more appropriate. That's why there's more than one forum to post in here.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #3

moving items

If you come from an anything goes forum, it might take some getting used to, but I like it.

If a post has to do with Nomads in general, this is the right spot. mechanical questions in the garage, off nomad in the general topics etc.

If I make a video of me on my nomad, I post it here. If I were to make one of my vacation in my car, I'd post it over in general. Even if it takes a bit of getting used to, and every now and then some house cleaning gets done to move them to a better forum, in the end I suspect that you'll like it.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for political and pets talk, and I head for the General forum. Sometimes I don't have much time and I head straight for the Nomad talk. It's a bit easier when I don't have to sift through it all in the same forum.

Give it a chance, you might like it. Posts that are placed in the right forum don't move. You'll get used to it.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
VBA Founder

moving items

That's OK Ronnie......I'm not too much of a stickler to making sure that all threads are exactly where they should be. Usually, I just let things pile up in the General board and then move them later. Probably should be more astute with that tho.

If a thread is definately about the mechanical end of the Nomad, it should go in the Garage. If it's about traveling, it should go in the travel area. All else, can pretty well stay here, if it's concerning the Nomad.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 10-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #5

moving items

+1 on the confusion this causes. Is there a way to automatically generate a message to the thread's original poster -- or, better still, to all who posted on it -- when you move one?

The organization process is a good one, but it stinks to have to hunt around to find where the admins thought a thread should go.
VBA #00794
2011 Vaquero (Ebony)
replaced 2008 Nomad 1600 (Blue/Silver)

Login or Register to Remove Ads