Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #1

Relictor/ flywheel questions on engine swap

I swapped a 1996 Vulcan 1500D Classic for a 2005 Nomad 1600D and so I got the motors swapped and got everything put back together went to fire it up and I got a Big Bang out the exhaust. Got to thinking and it sounded like the timing was off like it was firing backwards. So I swapped the wires from one coil to the other and tried to fire it again. It fired up but only runs on the front cylinder. Check pickup coils and the ign coils. All ok. I checked and I'm not getting any signal from the cdi to the other coil. Do I have a bad cdi for some reason or what's going on. Any help would be great. Thanks

I did get a mention that you run into an issue with the grooves on the reluctor/flywheel. Do I need to change the one from my old 1500 to the new 1600.
Any ideas

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #2

So you don't have to change it but you do have to grind on it to match up the pick up coil points to the old flywheel check out this page and it will tell you all about it. http://bierkansbikes.blogspot.com/20...swaps.html?m=1