Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #1

My 1st cousin/6 yrs old

Jacob now has or will have very soon donated $1500 to the Cancer Management Center and is still doing "events", and donating. Plus Steve's Flowers of Bradford is taking over the gift shop and will be having them for sale in there. To date his donations have been used to purchase "Ensure" for the chemo patients (which the Center could no longer provide because of cutbacks), bottled water also for the patients, Suduko and Word Search books for the patients to occupy their time, is in the process of purchasing three DVD players so patients can watch movies while they are receiving chemo and one pair of shoes for a nursing home patient who came in only with slippers on and said he "lost" his shoes. Off the street donations are still coming in and a fellow who has a "men's league" hockey team that Adam runs came in to pay the teams ice time and handed Adam a $125 check for "Jacob's cause" .... saying I wish I could do more ...Bethany has made shipments to at least 10 states for people who have written in and/or just donated.

Jacob still doesn't realize what an impact he is making and to date his everyday life has not been compromised by commitments.

For those of you who aren't aware of what's been going on since the middle of January, this started very small as a wish to earn $50 to donate to the center, the Lawrence Eagle Tribune did an article based on one of the patient's contacting them, Channel 4 news, Jonathan Ellias got a hold of the story and has been following, and the company who made the child's craft kit did a nationwide blog about "Jacob's Keychains for Cancer." All funds are being funnelled thru the fundraising department at the hospital, for the benefit of the Cancer Center only and Bethany is on the Advisory Team as to where the funds are spent. He can stop at anytime and has said when asked, "maybe i'll stop in 2012 or when I reach $3000" whichever comes first...He has a small group of worker bees who are now helping him keep up with the inventory and "gives classes" to anyone who wants to learn how to make them. It takes about 10 minutes to knit the keychain part of the item. If you bring up "Jacob Hurrell" in Google the articles come up.

"Proud" is a small five letter word but boy this has blown us away

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #2

My 1st cousin/6 yrs old

i gonna have a grn/slvr made up for the bike, they cost $2

Old 04-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
My 1st cousin/6 yrs old

Very enterprising little man;

http://www.eagletribune.com/punewshh...039025927.html

This one has a photo. Nice work

http://photos.northofboston.com/Newspape....810 17492_zzZMv