Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #1

EZ Pass Toll Device

"Looking for ideas with placement of an EZ Pass Toll Device for my 06 Nomad. I used the pass once last fall for a short ride on the NY State Thruway. The damn pass did not register and I got slammed with a large fee. I had the pass mounted to the handle bar using an E-caddy clamp around the bar and the weather proof electronic bag attachment. The bag was less than 3 inches behind the windshield and clear on one side but still did not trigger the toll device at the toll booth. I guess my sin in this case is vanity because I did not want to stick the velcro tape to the windshield and have that become an eyesore to the Nomad's appearance. If anyone has experience with this dilemma I would appreciate all ideas. Thanks in advance!"

(I posted this on VROC.org also because I 'm digging for all the ideas I can get!)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
Top Contributor

EZ Pass Toll Device

You might have to mount it on your windshield. Can you put it behind the metal bar in front of the handlebars?
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 04-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #3

EZ Pass Toll Device

I have mine mounted low on the windshield right behind the headlight. Just two velcro strips visible when I don't need it. It's never failed to register, but here on E-470 they shoot a digital picture of your license plate as you pass through so if it doesn't register they still have a record and simply bill your account anyway. The only way you would get fined is if there was no record in your account of that particular vehicle and plate.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 04-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #4

EZ Pass Toll Device

I ride thru two ez pass tolls Monday thru Friday. I leave the pass in my coat breast pocket. It normally registers. If it doesn't I get the pic and a $25 fine in the mail that audio mentioned. I just fill out the form send it back in and they remove the fine and charge my ezpass for the toll.

vin

Old 04-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #5

EZ Pass Toll Device

It's in my windshield bag - no problems

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #6

EZ Pass Toll Device

Mine's stuck to the underside of the top of my right saddlebag. No problems thus far with the Harris County, TX tollroad equipment reading it.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:11 PM   #7

EZ Pass Toll Device

I use 3M dual lock (it's very heavy duty velcro with plastic nubs instead of hook and loop) as it's available in clear or black. I used the clear and stuck it to the inside of the windshield, centered above the emblem. When I'm not using the ez-pass, I take it off and you don't really notice the dual lock stuff. I've never had a problem of it not registering.

Russ

Fraternal Order of Police, NY Lodge 50
American Legion, NY Post 616
Legion Riders, NY Post 259
Patriot Guard Riders

"A democracy is two wolves deciding on lunch, freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of that decision." - Ben Franklin

Old 04-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
Advanced Member

EZ Pass Toll Device

I put our SunPass on the windshield just above the metal bar. I only put it there when on the road and it stays in the saddlebag as soon as we stop. It works fine for us.
1965 Pontiac GTO, 389 4 Speed. Bluemist Slate
Cruising the back roads, that is living!
Member #000033.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
EZ Pass Toll Device

I've got min on the lower left underside of the windshield. It's opaque in color so it's not that visible and I've had no problems with it reading. Here in the Houston area, they have 2 types of EZ Passes. One type for cars, that are "scanned" and one for Motorcycles that's "magnetic" so it can be placed in bags or out of the way. Unfortunately, there was a waiting list for the Motorcycle type when I went to get mine, so I ended up w/ a "car type"...hence being placed on my windshield. Anyway.... you might want to check and see if they have different types for motorcycles so it doesn't have to be visible.