Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #1

Macho, Insane, Dedicated?

I watched the temp climb this morning as I awaited the 930 time I had to head out and meet my fellow club members. As the appointed time arrived it had reached 29 degrees. I struggled toward the door draped in layer on top of layer of clothing, my wife shaking her head.

"you men are nuts, if any of you would be the first to say lets take the car all the rest would agree. But not one of you will say anything for fear of being called a wimp"

Well Perhaps she was right, but we had commited to do the Christmas ride in for The Childrens Home and I was going to do it. It turns out our club wasnt the only Macho/insane/dedicated bikers there. My estimates would be somewhere between 300 and 500 bikes.

Harleys, Hondas, Kawasakis, Suzuki's and even those funny looking beemer guys with the weird outfits. There were hard core 1% clubs and CMA guys, insulated hunting gear, and leathers, Aerostich one pieces and thrift store castoffs.

We hudded around the barrels burning, a gleam in our eyes as we watched the kids run around looking at the bikes. We lined up to drop money in the donation bowl to meet those less fortunates needs. We ate hot dogs with fellow bikers and kids

Macho, Insane, Dedicated I am not sure but I am glad I did it and I will be back next year

Login or Register to Remove Ads