Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-21-2007, 08:00 PM   #16

Ordered V&H dual baggers hope I like them

Hangon702, I really like the look of your bike. Are those cobras on it? I just received my slashcut cobras but haven't had time to install yet. How did you remove the crossover tube? The left side of your bike looks so clean. I installed a thunder airkit, but left the inoperable left side on. Thinking about removal, but hear it is a real difficult job. i can't tell from the pic, but is there anything on your leftside now or just open. It looks great.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #17
Advanced Member

I really looked hard at 2 different sets V&H's and one No One has mentioned BUDS. The Buds sounded very good but I never heard them with the baffles in.
My friend kept them out all the time, Still they are not as load as the V&H with the baffles out. I guess the main factor for me was price at the time I bought mine the Buds were double the price of the V&H.
VBA #00077

Old 10-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Glad to see some older farts riding than myself(I'm 55). Rick what was the cost on that re-packing material from V&H? easy job? thx,

Old 10-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #19

doc,
the packing is 7.50 per side. if you need new baffles they have them also.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Quote:
[quote:k06i7qhw]I really looked hard at 2 different sets V&H's and one No One has mentioned BUDS. The Buds sounded very good but I never heard them with the baffles in.
My friend kept them out all the time, Still they are not as load as the V&H with the baffles out. I guess the main factor for me was price at the time I bought mine the Buds were double the price of the V&H.
I think you are referring to BUBS, and unless they have recently started making them for the Nomad again the only place someone could expect to find them is on E-bay or a swap meet.[/quote:k06i7qhw]

Yep that's what I was thinking, LMAO not the beer. I didn't know they stopped making them for Nomads ???

Thanks for getting me updated

LOL I haven't looked into pipes in long time 2002 I guees was last time.
VBA #00077

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 AM   #21

Shilohsam: When I first put my V & H dual baggers on, I thought they were too loud. It only took a few days to get over that thought thou. I now like them a lot and Doc hit the nail on the head when he said to be prepared to grind the inside of the muffler flange welds to obtain a nice smooth installation. I am amazed that V & H never seem to fix this quality problem. Everyone seems to complain about it. Enjoy the new pipes! Doug in Oregon.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:44 AM   #22
Advanced Member

The problem I had with the V&H was the left muffler. Tried using a file etc. I think it has something to do with the chromeing process. Someone, I think on vroc recommended using one of those muffler expanders to help.
Peace Makers LEMC

Old 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #23

Received my Vance & Hines Baggers, They installed easily but only because of the information from Doc and others about grinding the insides of the muffler inlets. I did not even attempt to put them on until I checked this and made sure that the head pipes would slide easily into the mufflers. When I installed them it was plain that if I had not done this I could not have gotten the mufflers positioned far enough forward to get the bolt holes to line up. The tip saved be a lot of time and frustration. Thanks all.

I believe the sound is going to be just right.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #24

It seems to me that if V&H pipes are such a problem why not get some cobras ?

Old 10-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #25

Had a hard time choosing between the Vance & Hines and the Cobra's True Duals. They may be a fine product but I when with the Vance & Hines for several reasons. First no one in this area has them on their bikes and I couldn't have a chance to listen to them, when I questioned some dealers about the sound difference they said some of the Cobras where not as deep sounding, a little higher pitched in sound. Sound clips I listened too were hard to determine the sound quality . Second reason I have had some quality issues with other Cobra products I have ordered for my C-50 Suzuki , mainly a poorly fitting back rest. I also like the removable baffel feature of the Vance & Hines, to get this on the Cobras you have to pay for the more exspensive billet end model. So it was more of less a toss up, I sure the Cobras are also a good pipe.