Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #16

Gel seats from a horse's patoot

I scored a piece of scrap memory foam this week at a matress factory, 1" thisc. It's big emnough to make 2 matress topper pads for a twin size bunk. If my buddy don't take this piece, I might have some left over, not sure tho. Check with a place that makes mattresses if you have one close by, and see if you can get a piece of scrap.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #17

Hi. I am new to this forum world, and new to my Nomad - (4K miles in 2 years - another story). I just finished 1500 miles in 4 days - which help pique my interest in this thread! So, what about a memory foam pillow from a discount store ("Ross" here in CA) ~ $12 for a pillow...thoughts?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb
Hi. I am new to this forum world, and new to my Nomad - (4K miles in 2 years - another story). I just finished 1500 miles in 4 days - which help pique my interest in this thread! So, what about a memory foam pillow from a discount store ("Ross" here in CA) ~ $12 for a pillow...thoughts?
Jeff WWELCOME to the Group. Congrats on the Nomad... The Memory foam pillow sounds like a GREAT idea ..Thanks,,,,,Rich

Old 07-21-2009, 04:22 AM   #19
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb
Hi Jeff,

Anything is worth a try. For me, the hard part was the carving. If you go in that direction, I'd recommend getting a used seat (like on eBay) and use that to test and to practice.

"(4K miles in 2 years - another story)". Eventually we'll get to hear it, right? Particularly if it involves jail time, wild wimmin' or a situation that some of us can think, "Crap, that coulda' been me!"

Welcome.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #20

Bob,
Thanks for the post. sharing the "How to" and ideas are great. My winter project will be making a complete set of leathers for my Nomad.
Portmanteau, Under luggage rack tool storage. Re-make my windshield bag, As a leathercrafter none of these are particularly hard, just time consuming. but until I read your post I didn't really have a plan on replacing the seat and backrest, but thanks to you and you clever Gel Seats I have included it in my projects. Heck, I might even throw in a couple of leather grips.

Pete

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #21
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdarby
Bob,
Thanks for the post. sharing the "How to" and ideas are great. My winter project will be making a complete set of leathers for my Nomad.
Portmanteau, Under luggage rack tool storage. Re-make my windshield bag, As a leathercrafter none of these are particularly hard, just time consuming.

Pete
Pete,

Re: your under the luggage rack tool storage. I hesitate to suggest this to a leather crafter, but there's a link on this site's "Nomad Tips, Tricks & Installs" about placing a windshield bag under the rack - attached to the license place assembly.

I just got a F&S windshield bag on eBay for that exact purpose.
My add-ons are beginning to cram the left side cover. I have to move my tools.

Do you have a gallery of your leatherwork?