Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #1

Ticket

Not sure if the first paragraph is true or not, but it doesn't really matter to me. The points he makes are still valid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was written by a Mexican who is now a naturalized US Citizen, and I think it's a great explanation of the illegal immigration issue.

Here is the quote:

"If you had tickets to a sports event, concert, Disneyland, or for an airline flight, and when you got to your assigned seat you found someone else was in that seat, what would you do? You would call for a person in charge of ticket checking and have the person in your seat removed. You would properly be asked to show your ticket, and you would gladly and proudly do so, for you have bought and paid for that seat. The person in your seat would also be asked for a ticket, which they would not be able to produce. They would be called "gate crashers" and they would properly be removed.

Now in this huge stadium called the USA we have had millions of gate crashers. We have been asking security to check for tickets and remove the gate crashers. We have been asking security to have better controls in checking at the door. We have asked security to lock the back doors. Security has failed us. They are still looking the other way. They are afraid to ask to see the tickets. Many people say there is unlimited seating, and whether there is or not, no one should be allowed in for free while the rest of us pay full price!

In "section AZ", of "Stadium USA", we have had enough of the failures of Security. We have decided to do our own ticket checking, and properly remove those who do not have tickets. Now it seems very strange to me that so many people in the other 49 "sections", and even many in our own "section" do not want tickets checked, or even to be asked to show their ticket! Even the head of Security is chastising us, while not doing his own job which he has sworn to do.

My own ticket has been bought and paid for, so I am proudly going to show it when asked to do so. I have a right to my seat, and I want the gate crashers to be asked to show their tickets too. The only reason that I can imagine anyone objecting to being asked for their ticket is that they are in favor of gate crashing, and all of the illegal activities that go with it, such as drug smuggling, gang wars, murder, human smuggling for profit, and many more illegal and inhumane acts that we are trying to prevent with our new legislation. Is that what I am hearing from all of the protesters such as Phoenix Mayor Gordon, US Rep. Grijalva, even President Obama? If you are not in favor of showing tickets, (proof of citizenship, passport, green card, or other legal document) when asked, as I would do proudly, then you must be condoning those illegal activities."

Written by a US Citizen, Globe, Arizona.

This makes perfect sense to me. What do you think?

Since Obama has never shown his ticket I guess he feels obligated to not ask others to show theirs.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Ticket

Just now breaking news on the tv CNN The chosen one says this effort isn't worth the doing, since it can't be done.

Maybe if 51% of tax payers did this that couldn't be done either. ::)

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 07-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Ticket

oldbiker,

That was a very good explaination of what needs to be done in a very simple statement.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 07-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #4

Ticket

Good explanation, but I do wonder if after the 20th time of them coming to make you show your ticket, you might get tired of having to show your ticket.

And if you noticed that most of the other people weren't having to show their ticket, but they kept coming over and hassling you, if that might get on your nerves after a while. Then if you got told that you kept getting hassled just because of the tone of your skin vs the tone of theirs, if that might get under your skin.

I wonder if the same AZ things were being done to bike riders, if that would get under peoples skin(it is happening in some locales). If the bike riders could be pulled over to show their license and registration with no probable cause, at any time and often... but no cars were having to... if that would get under your skin a bit. If you lived in AZ, and you were being pulled over on your bike on the way to work, on pleasure rides etc. but all your neighbors with cars were never getting pulled over, if that would feel unfair.

That well written example of the gate jumpers and ticket checking ignores the fact that they aren't checking everyone's tickets. They are only checking the tickets of people with dark skin. The rest get a free ride to sit and enjoy the game undisturbed.

It always feels so benign when it is happening to some other group. It'll feel a lot different when they start hassling your group.

All you old-timers who were protesting "the man" having too much power in the 60's, what happened? You all became such softies who roll over and let the government take so much more power than they ever had in the 60's and use it subversively. Was all that protesting just a cool way to get chicks who didn't wash their hair and smoked pot, but were easy?

The generation that wanted social change in the 60's are complacent boring old farts who just don't give a damn about what the government does now. The people who got their heads cracked open during the 68 Democratic National Convention are probably all submissive old farts who are watching TV saying, "I don't care if the government spies on us" "I don't care if they make you show papers, just because of how you look". What happened to you all?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #5

Ticket

Thats a good way of explaining the situation, now they need to get all the others on board as well.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #6

Ticket

Dan you were not there in the 60's so how would you know and you were not there when this old farts friends and brother were being killed and if they see something like a few million bikers breaking the law then no I wouldn't mind if they stopped me but you might want to watch who you are call old farts because some of them might take offense.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #7

Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
Dan you were not there in the 60's so how would you know and you were not there when this old farts friends and brother were being killed and if they see something like a few million bikers breaking the law then no I wouldn't mind if they stopped me but you might want to watch who you are call old farts because some of them might take offense.
You sound a little touchy there. I didn't single you out, I made a blanket comment about anyone who was protesting for social change in 60's. If someone made a comment about anyone who was born in the 60's, I wouldn't say to myself, "Holy sh*t, he's talking about me specifically, how dare he".

As to your comment about a few million bikers breaking the law, that's the point you are missing. The AZ law isn't set up to wait until someone breaks the law. It gets them just based on their looks. So in my example, it is bike riders just based on their looks, not breaking the law.

It is interesting that people are so open to being offensive in this forum, just because most people here have the same mind set. Just because you get a lot of people nodding their heads, doesn't mean that it isn't offensive. But if anyone comes through and isn't nodding their heads, then its offensive.

If you were a protester in the 60's, just suck it up and deal with me not being impressed with your complacency now, I didn't single anyone out by name.

Just so you all know, I don't love Sara Pallin either in case that is offensive :)

Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #8

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Ticket

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

There you go show 'em where it says "The AZ law isn't set up to wait until someone breaks the law. It gets them just based on their looks."

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #9

Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

There you go show 'em where it says "The AZ law isn't set up to wait until someone breaks the law. It gets them just based on their looks."

WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS
23 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,
24 WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON.

What do you suppose an unlawful alien does that single them out for suspicion? And do you really think that being brown won't influence the cops suspicion meter?

I'm thinking that a poor looking brown person, and a poor looking blond blue eyed person doing the exact same thing won't get the exact same treatment.

The Swedish bikini team might be here illegally, but I'll bet a cop looking at them won't suspect it.

This law will end up being enforced based on looks. There are plenty of cops in other jurisdictions who think the same as I do, and don't want to have to enforce such a law.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #10
Top Contributor

Ticket

You're conveniently overlooking the fact that the law also says that there has to be some other reason for the stop, such as violating a traffic law or any other law. They aren't just stopping people because of the color of their skin or because they look "hispanic." You're also overlooking the fact that the vast majority of the illegal aliens in Arizona ARE hispanic. Makes total sense to me that hispanics will be the majority of those asked for proof of being in the country legally.

If one was to use your reasoning, if a crime was reported to the police and the alleged perpetrator was described as a white male, then the police should also be stopping and questioning blacks, browns, reds and whatever other color there is besides white. Got to be sure there isn't any "profiling."

If you're so terribly worried about "discrimination" the perfect solution is to just have the police require proof of being in the country legally of every person that is stopped.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 07-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #11

Ticket

And if you keep reading the point is made that a VALID drivers license will be sufficient.

This law is not discriminatory. Dan have you been drinking the Kool-Aid?

Just think of the drain 12,000,000 illegals can put on the system.

I know of many illegal from Brasil from my time in FL. Once their visa expires they can't renew their DL. Many are buying insurance in order to get a tag, from companies set up to cater to this situation. The caveat is that if they get in an accident the insurance won't pay.

That's just one example.

Just by being here they are stealing from us every day.

Anyone who wants to make it easy on them is giving aid to the enemy.

MT
VBA 936

Old 07-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #12
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Ticket

Dan this old fart didn't and never will roll over for anyone and that includes you. I was in the service during Vietnam and never complained I did my duty. On some issues you make sense and others you are in left field and have no idea what you are yacking about.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Ticket

Forgot to mention Jim it was an interesting and I feel correct point that was made.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 07-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #14

Ticket

Stay tuned Dan...

This is a good one that I cannot wait to get tangled-into with you.

But first, I am going on a long ride today; so it will have to wait until tomorrow's rain... ;)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Ticket

I'm looking forward to hear what you have to say GL. This could be very interesting. You've got to remember than Dan talks to crazy people all day for a living. Some of it may have rubbed off on him.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Closed Thread