Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
That is probably the correct answer.
Well alright then. Gives me an excuse to upgrade. Suggestions?
Cobra Fi2000r ,Fire & Steel light bar,Cobra freeway bars, Kuryakyn highway pegs,Kuryakyn pedal covers,Barons 7 LED tachometer, Chucksters' 2" risers, Kuryakyn RTB controller, Kuryakyn grips, heel and toe covers. Galfer S.S. braided lines.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-16-2014, 10:09 PM   #17
Sr. Contributor

1 confirm. 2 you can rebuild these, but i haven't yet myself, but discovered you can. 3 you have maybe one or two choices for Progressive fitment. I think one inch lower and or the same height you have now but no air.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 07-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybenz View Post
Was the oil the color of fresh motor oil?
Yes, just like Steve said.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #19

Got any comedians living there who might have put some oil on your bike as a joke?
If not I'm thinking President Obama must be responsible. From what I see on Fox anything that goes wrong these days can be traced back to him screwing up somehow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 07-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #20

It's one drop forget about and go ride.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
Got any comedians living there who might have put some oil on your bike as a joke?
If not I'm thinking President Obama must be responsible. From what I see on Fox anything that goes wrong these days can be traced back to him screwing up somehow.
This is true. 10,00 years ago Obama called for a Global Weather Change and almost instantly the seas parted and the glaciers began to melt and this is why what was Doggerland is now called the North Sea.

Everyone Knows Obama is a living God, but you appear to have some doubts. (If you never heard of Doggerland it's because you are too young to remember it like I do. But it will show up on a google search and if not I will owe you 46 cases of beer.)

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Last edited by macmac; 07-17-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
This is true. 10,00 years ago Obama called for a Global Weather Change and almost instantly the seas parted and the glaciers began to melt and this is why what was Doggerland is now called the North Sea.

Everyone Knows Obama is a living God, but you appear to have some doubts. (If you never heard of Doggerland it's because you are too young to remember it like I do. But it will show up on a google search and if not I will owe you 46 cases of beer.)
Damn, I was hoping for the beer. Doggerland is real. Who knew? Wait, Mac did.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #23
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
Damn, I was hoping for the beer. Doggerland is real. Who knew? Wait, Mac did.
Ain't that a bitch huh Mac Knew..

check out 33 seconds

I knew the living God and I recall when MT Washington was just knee high.

Some day when we get over our selves and understand the area we call Atlantic was 1,000 miles less and there was good hunting and fishing from Euro to the our east cost but 400 miles out to see a lot of questions will be answered if we live so long.

About 500 miles east of where i sit is called Georges Banks and is a fishing ground. Out there a few years ago they dredged up a scallop dredge with mastadon teeth and woolie teeth and some pointed stones

Once you could have walked from London England to Paris France and still no one would have been there to say Pass Ports please. My uncle was there and no one ever asked him for any stinking passports that time either.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Last edited by macmac; 07-17-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #24

Quote:
ya know, I'm thinking the karma bug hit me. Work with a guy with a really nice HD. He was leaving the next day for The Dragon and I dropped a little used oil under his ride. He was freaked for a short time but I had to let him in on the prank. He works for me and is a super guy but the littlest thing will wreck him. He's riding to Sturgis this year, I'm thinking a fake recall letter from HD is in order.
Cobra Fi2000r ,Fire & Steel light bar,Cobra freeway bars, Kuryakyn highway pegs,Kuryakyn pedal covers,Barons 7 LED tachometer, Chucksters' 2" risers, Kuryakyn RTB controller, Kuryakyn grips, heel and toe covers. Galfer S.S. braided lines.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #25
Top Contributor

Dang Mac! You're a celebrity! Even if they did call you a "pre-historic creature." Did they pay you for that spot in their video?

Not many people interested in history now-a-days. If it happened before they were born it's not important.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 07-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #26

Quote:
ya know, I'm thinking the karma bug hit me. Work with a guy with a really nice HD. He was leaving the next day for The Dragon and I dropped a little used oil under his ride. He was freaked for a short time but I had to let him in on the prank. He works for me and is a super guy but the littlest thing will wreck him. He's riding to Sturgis this year, I'm thinking a fake recall letter from HD is in order.
Gotta be careful. What goes around comes around! I found the meanest, ugliest 3 inch long beetle with big snapping mandables at work and was going to put it in my buddies locker. Just as i was dropping it in there i rememberd what an S.O.B. this guy can be. I decided i didn't want to start a war (that I would probably lose!) and forgot the whole idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 07-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #27
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Dang Mac! You're a celebrity! Even if they did call you a "pre-historic creature." Did they pay you for that spot in their video?

Not many people interested in history now-a-days. If it happened before they were born it's not important.
Yeah I got paid and well, far more than cops get paid for a day too. And I have been paid for this sort of thing in Canada too, and used to get paid in schools until I stopped the day of Columbine when 12 state troopers wasted my TAXES to watch me all day, wasting their crime fighting time too

And Oh I have been asked kindly to lay off the coppers, and I will, but this means I will no longer be posting here for anything. Bye bye. I am not banned but i may as well be. I can be found on FACE BOOK where no one can ask me to cencor myself.

The POLICE STATE has made it this far .... Along with the POLICE STATE comes self glory on a welfare paycheck Bye

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #28
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
You're a really funny guy. If he works for you he probably can't or won't do anything to you to get even. Then one day he brings an AK-47 to work because you bullied him for years. Maybe he put the oil on your wheel to get back at you?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Last edited by cactusjack; 07-21-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #29
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Gotta be careful. What goes around comes around! I found the meanest, ugliest 3 inch long beetle with big snapping mandables at work and was going to put it in my buddies locker. Just as i was dropping it in there i rememberd what an S.O.B. this guy can be. I decided i didn't want to start a war (that I would probably lose!) and forgot the whole idea.
The best prank a friend and I pulled was putting a sneaker insole in the bosses air conditioner. This was back when places didn't have central air. Man that stunk bad when it was turned on.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11