Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #1

Bad People...

So during my ride yesterday I am cruising along in the HOV lane, which I usually do because unlike other drivers the wall on the left is completely predictable and the large space from the left lane is a nice barrier, cruising around 70mph when at the end of an entrance to the HOV a Land Rover comes up next to me and passes at the last possible moment to get in front of me. She was doing about 80mph and I was surprised when she just apeared next to me on my right side about 4ft from me. She saw me she just had to be in front of me. I honked my horn at her for 10*seconds.Then*she procceeded to cut some one else off in left lane and back to HOV as she just had to get around the guy that was previously in front of me. I watched as she aggressively continued this for about 6 miles and was able to get about 1/4 mile in front of us through a modest amount of traffic. Finally the amount of cars eased up and I sped up some to catch her berfore she exited so I could express to her what I thought of her awesome driving. I then was able to get next to her for about 6 seconds as she exited and I put my cruise control on and my wife and I were able finger jesture her while I held my horn down the whole time. I was watching the road in front but my*wife said she certainly got the message. This is certainly out of character for me. I ussually don't upset when people cut me off. There are bad drivers out there but she wasn't a bad driver she maneuvered her vehicle with much skill ,she*is just a self involved self important type who cares little for her fellow humans. I know what I did was wrong and believe it or not I felt a little ashamed at my behavior I am better then that, but sometimes the buhdda is not present in me. Hopefully that driver will at least be slightly more aware and realize these roads were not built for just her. Be careful and ride safe everyone.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #2

I can't believe you didn't realize how much more important she was than you, silly you.... don't you just hate em!

Old 06-13-2015, 07:58 AM   #3

I guess the Stebel air horn will be the first mod. Be careful out there.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 06-13-2015, 08:12 AM   #4

I used to work Highway Patrol in NYC and I would pull people who drove like that over and tell them I apologize for all these people being on your road. We should all just get out of your way.

The horn on the RM is pretty loud but maybe an air horn in the future.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 06-13-2015, 08:32 AM   #5

Actually the first mod is the ceebaileys windshield with the vent. You guys think the Vulcans give off heat. The RM is crazy hot. The Nomad was hot at times but I was doing 60 mph yesterday and I could feel the heat on my right leg and my wife said her right ankle was being fried. She has to always wear boots and I think the lowers have something to do with it. The vent I am hoping will cool things down on my face as the wind protection is excellent but too much in 90degree NY humidity. I will put up with it because I really am enjoying this motorcycle.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #6

Problem is, she won't get the message or if she did it won 't stick with her for very long.
It's funny but I find that the amount of arrogance someone displays on the road is often tied to the type of car they drive.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 06-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #7

The lowers will hold the heat in. There's no wind blowing it away from your legs. Is there anyway to take the lowers off for the summer and put them back on in the cool weather.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 06-13-2015, 09:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Problem is, she won't get the message or if she did it won 't stick with her for very long.
It's funny but I find that the amount of arrogance someone displays on the road is often tied to the type of car they drive.
She was looking at them giving her the bird and thinking, "I wonder what their problem is?"
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 06-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsteve View Post
So during my ride yesterday I am cruising along in the HOV lane, which I usually do because unlike other drivers the wall on the left is completely predictable and the large space from the left lane is a nice barrier, cruising around 70mph when at the end of an entrance to the HOV a Land Rover comes up next to me and passes at the last possible moment to get in front of me. She was doing about 80mph and I was surprised when she just apeared next to me on my right side about 4ft from me. She saw me she just had to be in front of me. I honked my horn at her for 10*seconds.Then*she procceeded to cut some one else off in left lane and back to HOV as she just had to get around the guy that was previously in front of me. I watched as she aggressively continued this for about 6 miles and was able to get about 1/4 mile in front of us through a modest amount of traffic. Finally the amount of cars eased up and I sped up some to catch her berfore she exited so I could express to her what I thought of her awesome driving. I then was able to get next to her for about 6 seconds as she exited and I put my cruise control on and my wife and I were able finger jesture her while I held my horn down the whole time. I was watching the road in front but my*wife said she certainly got the message. This is certainly out of character for me. I ussually don't upset when people cut me off. There are bad drivers out there but she wasn't a bad driver she maneuvered her vehicle with much skill ,she*is just a self involved self important type who cares little for her fellow humans. I know what I did was wrong and believe it or not I felt a little ashamed at my behavior I am better then that, but sometimes the buhdda is not present in me. Hopefully that driver will at least be slightly more aware and realize these roads were not built for just her. Be careful and ride safe everyone.

I used to live in Oakdale and was making a right turn onto the east bound service road from Oakdale Bohemia Rd when a woman cut me off making a turn around me while talking on a cell phone. There was a cop at the light on the southbound side and saw everything. I raised my hands like WTF and he did nothing. Great work ethic for making 6 figures and this was 2002.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 06-13-2015, 10:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
She was looking at them giving her the bird and thinking, "I wonder what their problem is?"
Yeah probably thinking, those motorcycle types are so rude and aggressive, no wonder they have a bad reputation.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 06-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
The lowers will hold the heat in. There's no wind blowing it away from your legs. Is there anyway to take the lowers off for the summer and put them back on in the cool weather.
Yes the lowers come off. May try it today and test it out.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 06-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
I used to live in Oakdale and was making a right turn onto the east bound service road from Oakdale Bohemia Rd when a woman cut me off making a turn around me while talking on a cell phone. There was a cop at the light on the southbound side and saw everything. I raised my hands like WTF and he did nothing. Great work ethic for making 6 figures and this was 2002.
That was probably not a Highway Cop they tend to take it a little more seriously. Those long Island cops make enormous salaries.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 06-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
This is sad but true. Lol

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 06-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #14
Advanced Member

GCSTEVE..I understand, just yesterday heading southbound on highway 97 into bend Oregon approaching the first stop light an "older gentleman" with a Ford pickup and a canopy over the bed decides to pull right into me into my lane, I was in the left lane. The thing is, I could see his face looking right at me in his outside mirror so he had to know what he was doing. Bright sun, candy lime green Vaquero mine...forcing me over to the shoulder. I think the Buddha in me left momentarily too. I managed to get back out in front and the man appeared as if he had nary a care in the world. I let it go, but it is always our riding skills and super self-awareness, alertness, that will save our bacons every time in this ever crazier world. And yes, sometimes the rig some individuals drive somehow describes their driving temperaments!
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.