Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
To each their own but I don't see why someone would use something not made for this purpose when you can get the real thing for under $10.
Because those tiny Dyna-Beads can get jammed in your valve core when you check air pressure. While jammed in the core all the air will blast out of the tire. The remedy is to pull the valve core and clear the bead, then refill the tire. Or put air soft pellets in and check the air pressure all you want. Have that happen a couple times and it will become old pretty fast.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-17-2015, 09:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Stan View Post
Because those tiny Dyna-Beads can get jammed in your valve core when you check air pressure. While jammed in the core all the air will blast out of the tire. The remedy is to pull the valve core and clear the bead, then refill the tire. Or put air soft pellets in and check the air pressure all you want. Have that happen a couple times and it will become old pretty fast.
They sent me filtered valve cores free awhile back with my order but then I found they say they do not work with 45 degree stems.
So I get my valve stems at 4 oclock or 8 oclock and the beads will not get in the core.
But what I do is put a blast of air in as I check the pressure, this will clear any beads near the stem then let the air out to get back to normal pressure.
I check pressure before every ride and never had a bead get stuck in there yet.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 06-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #33

Just took my Mich Cam II off the front and rear after using ride-on liquid. I have 18k Km's on them. The front didn't cup, but the rear sure did. Had a real wobble in front end and went back to weights and wobble is almost all gone. Have to install back tire and see how much difference it makes.also have been told by a dealer who I trust that the liquid must be exact and be run in properly. The dealer who did these tires in the picture told me nothing so likely he didn't really know much about the product???
2006 900 Kawa Classic
2007 1600 Nomad
2013 Voyager

Old 06-18-2015, 07:52 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
RoadHawg, I would check this out also. This is what I am going to use the next tire change.
I have used Ride On in the last two sets of tires. It maintains the balance well. It is slightly easier to get through the valve stem. It can not be reused. It is more expensive than Dynabeads; have to buy two bottles @ $14.99 each. I have considered going back to Dynabeads. You do have the piece of mind that it is a tire sealant and will seal punctures in the wear area of the tire.
VBA #1047
07 Electra Glide Ultra (43,300 & counting)
03 Nomad - 37,972 (traded 5/6/13)
99 Nomad - Only a memory since 4/27/13

Old 06-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #35

With all that gunk in the tire what did the wheel look like?
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-18-2015, 08:41 AM   #36
Advanced Member

I've used Dyna beads for over 6 years. Never a problem. Be sure to use Dyna beads brand. There are other imitations out there. I've seen them tested. Dyna beads are not the same size. The ones for motorcycles are made up of two diameters. You can't see the difference but it keeps them from bunching up. they are ceramic. I asked there engineers about reusing them and they said no more than once. Great product with a lot of thought and engineering. Doesn't affect the wheel because they stay against the tire.
12" mini apes
Galfer lines (6' over)
EJK Dobeck
Reckless Fairing.
Led H4 headlight
All LED lights
Rockford Fosgate radio

Old 06-18-2015, 09:26 AM   #37

The only problem I ever had with Dynabeads is when a tire installer slopped so much soap/water lubricant on the tire to install it he got water inside the tire. As it dried the beads clumped up and the tire was way out of balance at highway speed. My first clue was when I decided to let all the air out and re-inflate it thinking maybe the bead wasn't seated. As the tire flattened out water trickled out of the bead down the sidewall. I was not a happy camper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 06-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentbob View Post
With all that gunk in the tire what did the wheel look like?
The rim stays clean with no corrosion. Ride On will settle if the bike is not ridden frequently but once the tire warms up after a short use the sealant repositions again. I don't have my bike sitting longer than a week typically and no settling occurs in that time. It takes about six ounces per tire.

I have used the same Dynabeads in three sets of tires without ill effect. They are an excellent product.
VBA #1047
07 Electra Glide Ultra (43,300 & counting)
03 Nomad - 37,972 (traded 5/6/13)
99 Nomad - Only a memory since 4/27/13

Last edited by ndbigfish; 06-18-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #39

Quote:
No, the remedy (per the Dynabeads web site ) is to make sure the valve stem is at the bottom of the rim pointing up and tap it a few times before putting the pressure gage on it.
This dislodges any beads in the stem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
No, the remedy (per the Dynabeads web site ) is to make sure the valve stem is at the bottom of the rim pointing up and tap it a few times before putting the pressure gage on it.
This dislodges any beads in the stem.
Ha Ha Ha tell me another one. That method works pretty good. But it didn't work enough and it became a PIA. I'm glad it only failed in my garage.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 06-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #41

Use what ever beads make you feel good.
Use what ever method of checking your air pressure makes you happy.
I'll stick with my way as it has never let me down,
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 06-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #42

I've used Dynabeads for many years without any issues. Never had a problem with the beads plugging up the valve.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #43

Quote:
Ha Ha Ha tell me another one. That method works pretty good. But it didn't work enough and it became a PIA. I'm glad it only failed in my garage.
Ya gotta go with what you know. I can understand why you went to something else since you had issues with da beads.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:33 PM   #44
Advanced Member

I am trying them for the first time with about 6,000 on current tire's. When I check my tire pressure each time the valve stem does get stuck and air escapes. The first time was a panic for me. However once you give the tire a couple shots from the compressor it blows them back.
I do like the ride with the Dyna Beads but will go back to weights.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #45
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfe View Post
I am trying them for the first time with about 6,000 on current tire's. When I check my tire pressure each time the valve stem does get stuck and air escapes. The first time was a panic for me. However once you give the tire a couple shots from the compressor it blows them back.
I do like the ride with the Dyna Beads but will go back to weights.

Get the valve stems withe the filter on the end.
12" mini apes
Galfer lines (6' over)
EJK Dobeck
Reckless Fairing.
Led H4 headlight
All LED lights
Rockford Fosgate radio