Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #1

Cardo Scala Rider Q2 intercom system

The batteries in my helmet intercom system died. With my luck Cardo no longer supports the Q2 system and doesn't provide help with new batteries. I found a few articles on the internet about replacement batteries but not sure if the info. is accurate. Does anyone on this site have experience they would share. The only batteries I find on ebay are from countries in Europe. One site recommends an Ipod generation 5 battery as a substitute. Any info. will be appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #2

The batteries are soldered in. You will have to try and get the case apart without breaking it. There are tons of sites that explain replacing the battery with a google search. Here is a link to Amazon with the 5th gen batteries for iPods.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_9g31cxqo40_e

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 06-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #3

I checked with all recommended battery vendors in the United States and none carried the battery I needed. I finally located them in the Netherlands. Of course, they are made in China. Removed the old batteries, soldered in the new ones and they charged right up. The system works I just don't know how long the charge will last but I'll find out soon.