Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 09-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Waving Clearview windshield on 1600 Nomad!!

Just ordered a Clearview windshield at 15% off for Labor Day, so today was the day. My question is I know you use your own hardware off the old shield and put it on the Clearview. But there is the little lower piece of plexi on the bottom of the windshield. Is this little piece considered necessary hardware that you have to use? Seems if you use it then all the bolts will work fine. But if you just use the Clearview only+hardware that the bolts might be too long and the acorn nuts wont tighten down?? Please advise me how you did yours on your 1600cc and did the old bolts/acorn nuts work fine. Thanks for responding and help me out. Dont know how fast/slow there shipping is with Labor Day here, wont go out til probably Tuesday. Everybody have a safe Labor Day!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-05-2015, 01:24 PM   #2

When I put a Clearview on my 08 nomad I threw the small one away. If the nut won't tighten all the way put a couple of washers on the bolt.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 09-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Thats a good idea, only one I could come up with. Get some SS from Lowe's. Thx Bob.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #4

to Bob's advice . I ordered the tinted grey windshield from clearview a couple of years ago. I have my shield set just above the headlight so I didn't need the extra wind deflector that it comes with . I took it out and put some 1" round rubber washers in the 4 lower bolt holes to take up the space it needed. I got them at home depot here. Works like a charm. Much easier to keep that area clean now.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Thx Ridefree, another good idea. Not sure what kind of space Im looking at in there until I throw that plexi-glass away and try to get the stock bolts to work with the Clearview shield. Its hard for me to visualize things I cant see.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by dogdoc; 09-05-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoc View Post
Thx Ridefree, another good idea. Not sure what kind of space Im looking at in there until I throw that plexi-glass away and try to get the stock bolts to work with the Clearview shield. Its hard for me to visualize things I cant see so bare
with me.
Not a problem . The space will be the same as the windshield itself. I used rubber as a spacer so there would be a little flex in it. Didn't want to chance stressing the glass if I tightened to much .