Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #1

Vaquero question

I like the looks of the Vaquero but was wondering who has put a trunk/tour pack on the vaquero? Did you make quick on/off or hard mount?

oh yeah...new guy here and looking at the vaquero to replace my heritage softail.

thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-16-2016, 07:03 PM   #2

I DID! I hardly use it unless the gal wants to get on the back. Quick removal for the coolness factor.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #3
Advanced Member

The Vaquero is set up the way it is so it isn't a Voyager. It would be like comparing a Harley Road glide Ultra (with the trunk) to it's own Road glide just with bags and no trunk. My Vaquero is equipped with the KQR quick release backrest and luggage rack. I load the side bags then fasten my spacious T-Bag tour pack on the rear rack and hit the road. It works like a dream and the pack comes right off and into the hotel room or tent it goes. I have always liked this style of travel better than having a trunk on a bike. The Vaquero gets a lot of eyes on it too and when you reach your destiny and get settled in you can ride the Vaq around without the pack on the back.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:30 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Vaquero with T-bag tour pack

Here's my ride with the T-bag on the rear fire and steel luggage rack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0258.jpg (95.8 KB, 79 views)
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #5

Trunk

I have an Emigo box on my Nomad. It's not very big, but when I go somewhere, it holds everything I need to take into the room, and it pops right off and has a handle to carry it. I also have the bag liners, it I need to take more with me.
My Triumph Trophy has a huge top box and two large saddle bags. I'll bet they weigh 80 lbs. empty. Everything on that bike is heavy, top heavy besides, which is the main reason that bike is going to be for sale soon.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-16-2016, 11:23 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Right...balance is everything when you are carrying a load. I have a pair of those bag liners too...the handles on them are nice for carry into the room along with the pack. Waldowales I am curious about the emigo box you describe, who sells it and what it looks like, etc. Can you recall the vendor you got that from?

Old 04-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #7

I have a Bestem 46L removal tail box & a Givi 49L removal box(currently on softail for long rides or when wife is going with me). Bestem was under a $100 but Givi I got from m/c shop closing for cash ay 2bills. Both are lockable & quick disconnect to carry into motel or hide in tent.

I catch some kidding for not having an official HD tour pak on it but who cares...all in fun.

Last edited by concours9; 04-17-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: mis-spelling

Old 04-17-2016, 11:07 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concours9 View Post
I like the looks of the Vaquero but was wondering who has put a trunk/tour pack on the vaquero? Did you make quick on/off or hard mount?

oh yeah...new guy here and looking at the vaquero to replace my heritage softail.

thanks
This is something I did. I made the lower light bar, and put the trunk on, and wired in all the lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4913.jpg (97.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4917.jpg (98.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4860.jpg (89.3 KB, 52 views)

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:19 AM   #9
Advanced Member

Cross country arrangement Snake....NICE!

Old 04-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #10
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlknvlcn60 View Post
Cross country arrangement Snake....NICE!
That's what I set this up for. The first time my wife and I went on a trip we went out for two weeks. Heading north out of Calif I got to wondering how much we gross out. My dad in Klamath Falls suggested I cross the scales out of Lakeview. Holy cow, with a full tank we were 1400 pds. Later I got to wondering what my axle weight is. The next scales north gave me the same weight, 950 rear 450 front. That stock rear tire had to go, I think it was rated for 835 pds.

So I went to the dark side. This tire is rated 1356 @ 51 psi. I checked the rear axle bearings, they are good for 3000 pds each.

Now with Ivan's flash this thing truly can skoot down the trail.

I had named my ride the "Blackbird" after the "SR71" Blackbird.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #11

I added a Voyaqer trunk, mounted to a Wompass rack.

2014 Vulcan 1700 Wind Therapy "Vaqueroger" Vaquero ABS - KlockWerks 9" shield, RacynRay ISO Grips, Luverne Kawi Lowering Kit; Vance & Hines Exhaust; Thunder Mfg intake; Ivan's ECU Flash; Mustang Wide Touring Saddle; XM/iPod adapters; Voyager trunk on Wompass Rack; Randy's 6.5" adapters; Rockford Fosgate amp; Polk Audio speakers; custom painted by Kevin Norton.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #12
Advanced Member

Snake nice to know how to get your scoot set up for mega-loads like that and especially for tires and shocks, axles, etc. This is important stuff. So, your pop lives in K falls Oregon, cool beans....just down 97 from my place. Let me know if you ever come up from Bend.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #13

i would like to see one with a low pro razr pack like they do on custom glides
Freedom 2-1
IVANS ECU/PCV-ignition
Fan override switch
avon grips - w rays throttle mod
14" club t-bars
corbin touring seat
Rockford PBR300x4 amp
6.5 speakers front / 6x9 in bags
lay down integrated plate
bagger sheild
integrated front signals
BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!

Old 04-20-2016, 04:47 AM   #14
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlknvlcn60 View Post
Snake nice to know how to get your scoot set up for mega-loads like that and especially for tires and shocks, axles, etc. This is important stuff. So, your pop lives in K falls Oregon, cool beans....just down 97 from my place. Let me know if you ever come up from Bend.
Copy that

Old 04-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by matj1990 View Post
i would like to see one with a low pro razr pack like they do on custom glides

2nd that...if I ever go with a tour pack that's exactly what I'd want. Just enough for gloves/raingear/jacket liner that way saddlebag bags are all trip luggage.

VBA Member # 02057