Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #1

Snakes

I know this was from Thailand, however I've had a rattler jump at a front tire on a truck in Eastern Alberta. Not on the tarmac though. Anyone else with snakes jumping at you?

VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #2

That's flippen crazy . I never would have thought something like that would happen .

When I first bought my nomad I took it on a 4 hr trip up north to a buddy's cabin . It sat outside for a couple of days . I rode home and the next day I went for coffee with some friends . We were just chillin on our bikes when I felt something hit my boot . There on the ground was a garter snake ( apprx 20" ) . At that time I still had the stock air cleaner on it so I figure it crawled into the filter area and took a nap . I'm glad I have since changed that .

I can't even imagine what I would have done if it had crawled on me while I was riding .

Old 04-21-2017, 03:09 AM   #3

Here we go.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridefree View Post
That's flippen crazy . I never would have thought something like that would happen .

When I first bought my nomad I took it on a 4 hr trip up north to a buddy's cabin . It sat outside for a couple of days . I rode home and the next day I went for coffee with some friends . We were just chillin on our bikes when I felt something hit my boot . There on the ground was a garter snake ( apprx 20" ) . At that time I still had the stock air cleaner on it so I figure it crawled into the filter area and took a nap . I'm glad I have since changed that .

I can't even imagine what I would have done if it had crawled on me while I was riding .
*** probably some extra laundry !!! cheers.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #5

Your not kidding !! I was paranoid all the way home and when I got the bike in the shop I tore it down looking for more . I don't dare tell the wife . She'd never get on the bike again .

It was a good incentive to start my mods ....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridefree View Post
Your not kidding !! I was paranoid all the way home and when I got the bike in the shop I tore it down looking for more . I don't dare tell the wife . She'd never get on the bike again .

It was a good incentive to start my mods ....
When run over,they have been known to flick up,and wrap themselves around brake lines and exhaust pipes on cars.Then cook to death rather than let go.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:56 PM   #7

Around here I worry about hitting deer , birds , and the odd bear . Some of you guys have talked about alligator's and now snakes that jump at you .

This world would be quite boring if crazy stuff like this didn't happen .

You learn something new everyday ... I love it ..