Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-29-2021, 11:57 PM   #1

HELP 2012 Voyager Longer Kickstand Change

First off, I want to Thank the ones that respond to this post, your help is greatly appreciated. I had a 2010 Voyager and installed a 1500 Classic Kickstand on it. It was a great change out that a lot of you said would make lifting the bike easier. I agree, it sure did.

Now I just acquired a 2012 Voyager and I would like to change out the kickstand. Would I be able to take the kickstand from the 1500 Classic that I put on the 2010 and change it out to the 2012 Voyager? Or will this not work?

I tried to take off the kickstand from the 2012 off and I am having a hard time taking the bolt off from the front. Doe it have a lock nut on the back that I need to take off first and then unscrew the bolt from the front side? Because I am just trying to unbolt it from the front and it is barely turning. I don't want to break anything. Or do I need an impact wrench to take it off? Also whats the thing about putting pennies in the spring coils?

Long story, I wasn't able to change it out, put the springs back on, and now it seems like the kill switch is activating.

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I saw a video on the changing of the kickstand on Wed, but daughter deleted history and I can't locate it. If you know of a video, could you send it to me or send me the link please?

Please respond to my email at;
jm24poker@aol.com if possible.

Thanks Everyone

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-02-2021, 11:55 PM   #2

There should be nothing special. A bold for the switch and a bolt and nut for the stand. You will need a wrench on the nut and the bolt. If it was over torqued or just hard to turn, you may need a breaker bar. When replacing, use blue locktite on the switch bolt and torque to 78 in-lb. Torque the stand nut and bolt to 32 ft-lb.

You might have moved the switch so that it's out of place or it might need cleaning. Or you may have damaged it trying to get the stand off.