Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-08-2022, 01:44 PM   #1

Question Triumph Thunderbird

Anyone have any input on this bike? Specifically the LT model?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #2
Top Contributor

If you want a bike like the LT then consider the Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer or Deluxe.
The Tourer comes with bags and a windshield and the Deluxe has bags and a batwing.
They made them up to 2017 so parts are readily available. My nearest Triumph dealer is 40 miles away. There are 5 Yamaha dealers within 40 miles.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:02 AM   #3

looked a little at the T Bird when I bought the 1700 Nomad. downfall was a piston slap due to short skirts and a very expensive service at 10 or 11k that includes valve adjustment.
Sweet Looking Bikes

Old 11-10-2022, 05:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanscott View Post
looked a little at the T Bird when I bought the 1700 Nomad. downfall was a piston slap due to short skirts and a very expensive service at 10 or 11k that includes valve adjustment.
Sweet Looking Bikes
Triumph haven't learned much then. I recently sold my 1993 Trident 900,to a bloke in my street.He took it for a service, to a local shop, and it cost him

Old 11-10-2022, 05:25 AM   #5

This poxy site, is only showing half of my comments again ffs. It cost the bloke

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-10-2022, 05:26 AM   #6

Third attempt

Old 11-10-2022, 05:27 AM   #7

Old 11-10-2022, 09:07 AM   #8

Nvr mind Mick, not worth the trouble, I get the gist. I am also looking at the Voyager, found a sweet 2018 that would work nicely, maybe get the little woman back riding with me. Concerned about the weight… Anyone have thoughts going from a Nomad custom to me to a stock Voyager?

Old 11-10-2022, 03:49 PM   #9

I have both here...Nomad is mine, Voyager is my son's. The Voyager is only marginally heavier on paper, less so in real life. It's mostly in your head because you'll think the fairing and its contents must surely weigh a ton but it's all Tupperware at the end of the day.
- V&H slip-ons
- Triple hi/low beam H4 headlights
- Desert Dawgs
- Half the F&S Catalog

Old 11-10-2022, 04:12 PM   #10
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeAss View Post
I have both here...Nomad is mine, Voyager is my son's. The Voyager is only marginally heavier on paper, less so in real life. It's mostly in your head because you'll think the fairing and its contents must surely weigh a ton but it's all Tupperware at the end of the day.
Get a Voyager a few degrees off vertical when you are stopped and it is going to the floor. It caught me out one day when I was not paying 100% attention.
I thought I could stop it, not a chance.

Last edited by redjay; 11-10-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Get a Voyager a few degrees of vertical when you are stopped and its going to the floor. It caught me out one day when I was not paying 100% attention.
I thought I could stop it, not a chance.
I dropped my Nomad 4 times, when the front tucked in when braking at 10-15mph.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:27 PM   #12
Top Contributor

I was not even moving when my Voyager went over. I had stopped and turned my upper body around to see where a buddy was and as I turned my body the bike started to lean. By the time I realized what was happening the bike had passed the point of no return and although I had solid footing I could not hold the bike up.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:33 PM   #13

Quote:
I was not even moving when my Voyager went over. I had stopped and turned my upper body around to see where a buddy was and as I turned my body the bike started to lean. By the time I realized what was happening the bike had passed the point of no return and although I had solid footing I could not hold the bike up.
I had the trailer on one time.Right in the middle of Bournemouth,at a set of lights.That was interesting

Old 11-11-2022, 06:48 AM   #14
Top Contributor

Mick, there was an issue with the forum yesterday. I normally don't have a problem posting on here but yesterday something was "off" and I could not post for a few hours.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Mick, there was an issue with the forum yesterday. I normally don't have a problem posting on here but yesterday something was "off" and I could not post for a few hours.
The whole site is fucked mate, and has been for a while. tHE ADMINS ARE AWOL