Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #76

One heck of a sweet ride you have there !! Enjoy many miles on it .

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-03-2016, 11:04 AM   #77

Looks good and sounds great

Hope you can get out for a ride soon

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 04-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsteve View Post
Looks fabulous shep. Did you spend the night in garage staring at it.lol. I still make excuses to go out to my garage just to take a look. Get a nice coat of wax on it soon. Spring is here.
I spent quality time yesterday afternoon and early this morning with Her. LOL I slept inside with the wifey. Got down to 26 degrees last night here. Rode 1 hour today at 40 degrees and heat all kept me comfy. I am very pleased with my decision. Bike is sweet.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #79
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
The Voyager fairing is nice but I am pretty sure if you rode both back to back and did not know the Indian was mounted to forks you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The RM is solid.
I wasn't speaking of the efficacy of the Voyager fairing, just a general statement of bar mounted versus frame mounted fairings, like on Gold Wings, BMWs and other STs.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #80
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepsvoyager View Post
right after I put her in the stall.
Good luck with it Mike, it's a beautiful bike.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #81

Quote:
Congrats man! It is an amazing motorcycle. You will love it. Be prepared though. It will take you longer to do anything with that RM. People will stop you at lights, gas stations, diners parking lots even hd dealerships, to ask and oggle about the new Indian . Can't wait to see the pics. You will even get compliments from people just walking by that no nothing about motorcycles. An old lady the other day walks by me and says that is a beautiful motorcycle. Those who think they are ugly are in the minority it seems. The transmission gearing and power delivery is much different than the Kawasaki. You are going to love it. My wife always prefers taking the RM anywhere over the cars even the convertible that she loves.
What color did you get?
You were right Steve. My ride alone this morning(about an hour myself.) 43 degrees. I rode 25 miles. stopped at Casey,s gas station for a quick coffee. 1st guy that walks in as I am paying for the coffee ask if My bike. We had a short discussion. Second guy out side as I stand there drinking coffee, gets out of a cobalt SS passenger side and ask about the bike. He then has to show me a pic of his harley on his phone. Mean while the 1st guy had come out of the store and went to his car. sat there 30 seconds, then got out and walked over to me again. He had more questions. LOL. Later this afternoon the wife went with for an hour or so. 60, sunny, windy. 20-25 winds. We would have never been out this long on the other bike in this wind. I think the wifey loves this bike too. I know I already do.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:01 AM   #82

Quote:
You were right Steve. My ride alone this morning(about an hour myself.) 43 degrees. I rode 25 miles. stopped at Casey,s gas station for a quick coffee. 1st guy that walks in as I am paying for the coffee ask if My bike. We had a short discussion. Second guy out side as I stand there drinking coffee, gets out of a cobalt SS passenger side and ask about the bike. He then has to show me a pic of his harley on his phone. Mean while the 1st guy had come out of the store and went to his car. sat there 30 seconds, then got out and walked over to me again. He had more questions. LOL. Later this afternoon the wife went with for an hour or so. 60, sunny, windy. 20-25 winds. We would have never been out this long on the other bike in this wind. I think the wifey loves this bike too. I know I already do.
Great story. Great motorcycle. People love seeing them on the road. Congratulations and many happy miles ahead. The Indian forum is pretty good too. I always check in here from time to time. Lots of great people on this forum. Also so you know, there is an alarm on your RM just hit the lock twice on the fob and the horn will beep once. If you shake the motorcycle a bit the alarm will sound if the fob is not near it. Say 15 to 20 feet away. Some dealers don't know about it.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Last edited by gcsteve; 04-04-2016 at 01:04 AM.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:16 AM   #83

Quote:
Great story. Great motorcycle. People love seeing them on the road. Congratulations and many happy miles ahead. The Indian forum is pretty good too. I always check in here from time to time. Lots of great people on this forum. Also so you know, there is an alarm on your RM just hit the lock twice on the fob and the horn will beep once. If you shake the motorcycle a bit the alarm will sound if the fob is not near it. Say 15 to 20 feet away. Some dealers don't know about it.
Yep, I checked that 1st day and it works well. I joined the Indian forum a couple months prior to purchase to study. LOL

Old 04-04-2016, 07:05 AM   #84

I like the idea of an Indian. But might wait for a few just to see if done cosmetic changes are made. The biggest one for me at the moment is that the fairing reminds me of a Power Ranger.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:07 AM   #85

Thumbs Up

Power Rangers are cool!

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 04-04-2016, 07:18 PM   #86

Quote:
Power Rangers are cool!
And the 111 thunder stroke is a real power ranger. It is unbelievably torqie. Is that a word.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:15 PM   #87

Quote:
Had the bike out again today. 30 degrees. BRRRRR!!! grips and seat kept it tolerable for an hour. Stopped at advance auto to look for something and to dude inside asked if I was on a bike. LOL. Yep new roadmaster
out front. He looked out, then went and got His coat and went outside. I followed and he had questions. He could not believe the stuff this bike has, and wanted to hear it. He mentioned the lope right away so I had to tell him about the goodies I had installed. Everywhere I stop someone ask, stops and looks, or gives a thumbs up on the bike.
I still am not sleeping in the garage with her, but, yes i am in love. LOL

Last edited by shepsvoyager; 04-09-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:19 PM   #88

That's awesome. So glad spring is here. Yesterday I was riding and a crew was ripping up the asphalt near my house and one guy points and all 4 guys are just staring at me while I am waiting at the light and then drive by. A little uncomfortable but still awesome.lol.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 06-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #89

Just spent 5 days riding in the Smokies. The RM performed flawlessly. Rode with 2 Siblings and friend of 1 of My Sisters. 3 Harleys and Our bike. The roll on torque is tremendous on inclines. Saved me a lot of shifting. The Harleys are a Classic 103, An 06 CVO ultra 103 punched to a 107, and an 11 CVO road glide ultra with the 110. Our bike performed as good as all or better. No racing, but, I think I would have a top spot. I have the air, Cams, and stage1 exhaust. Never rode mine stock so I can't compare to a stock bike. Had the goodies put on Her before I picked it up. Now here is why I am posting. Every fill of the bikes, I used less fuel than all 3 Harleys. I was not riding to get fuel economy. My bike with 2100 miles now is showing 45.6 MPG. on the dash. Just keeps climbing. At 1 fill we had done 108 miles and the bike took 2.01 gallons. Every fill is to the neck as if anyone has tried to squeeze a little more in You know what mess you get with fuel dousing the tank. 1 time for me only!.
Now, if you do the above math that is 54 MPG. What an awesome piece of machinery. The Gentleman with the Classic was infatuated with the RM. He will have one very soon.
Just thought some may be interested.
Ride safe.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #90
Advanced Member

Just don't forget to cancel the turn signals.

I am looking for a dark horse Springfield if they come out with one.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad