Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #1

Blacked Out Vaquero - My Winter Project

Well guys and gals, I have finally finished my project, just in time for riding season. While there are a couple of small tweaks I will make, I am very happy with the overall appearance of the bike now, and how it turned out. In would love to hear from you all, and see what you think as well. If there are any questions about how I did something, I am happy to answer.

So here it goes.
I removed the front signal bar and replaced it with some LED strips in the louvers. They are Custom Dynamics Tru-Flex and they are wired to run dim (30%) when in running mode, and bright full power for turn signals. Then for the rear signals I used a Custom Dynamics "Radius" plate frame with LED built in. On the rear there is amber turn signals, and red on each side acting as a run/brake, there is also white plate lights built in.

Next we powdercoated the handlebar, exhaust, crash bars, saddlebag crash bars, control levers, and my custom engine side cover. I added black Avon grips, and black Drag Specialties Mirrors. I used vinyl wrap to cover the remaining chrome. I used 3M matte black wrap on the gauge trim, cylinder head covers, saddlebag handles, saddlebag hinges, headlight trim, brake light trim, and the gas tank lid. It was easier than I thought, as it was my first experience with wrapping anything.

I also made my own side cover for the engine. It has a "biohazard symbol" on it which will be backlit with red LED as will the rest of the bike with accessory lighting. Also on the exhaust I opened up the rear of the baffle slightly and removed the wrap on it. It sounds much better now!

Also, as I removed bolts and screws, I did my best to replace them with black Allen head bolts for looks and ease of disassembly.

I am sure I missed something that I did to the bike, but that is a fair rundown. Here are some pictures... The bike is still quite dirty as I am about to go for a test ride before cleaning everything up!

Login or Register to Remove Ads