Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #1

I got my Avon Cobra tires. 1st impressions...

I just replaced the OEM Bridgestones with the Cobra's. My first thought was how easy it was to lean. The first slow turn I took I almost stopped to see if the wheel was loose or something. I felt like I had vertigo as the bike started to lean, it felt like it kept wanting to lean and I'd fall over. Finally I realized it was just the tires are easy to turn on or lean with, but it kinda freaked me out a little at first. :) With my old tires, I always felt like i had to force the bars to lean, and when I'd go into turns, the bike would feel like it was hopping. The tank and other parts would get a harmonic vibration going anytime I leaned into a turn, especially left turns. Now the bike leans effortlessly and the vibrations are gone.

I was getting a serious front end/handlebar wobble between 40 to 65 mph when I'd let go of the bars. I noticed on the way home today that the wobble was essentially gone with the exception of a slight wobble upon deceleration at around 40 mph. This is a HUGE improvement, and I hope it lasts a while because the wobble is very annoying.

These are just my first impressions riding home from the tire install shop. BTW, anyone in the St. Louis, MO area needing tires and install or just install check out MotoTireUSA in Fenton. I dropped the bike off this morning along with the tires I bought online, and the bike was ready 2 hours later for $120.

Login or Register to Remove Ads