Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #1

Cut Major Military Command in Virgina?

Anyone else wonder why Virgina? Seems kind of coincidental timing to them sueing the feds.... but maye thats just me being the cynic I have become.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...officials-say/

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-10-2010, 06:52 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

Unless I missed something the article says it will save $240 million. In a day when the Dems in Washington are passing BILLIONS out like candy this seems very petty. Part of the justification for one of their earlier bailouts was to save teachers jobs. Now they are writting another $23billion check to save teachers jobs????? What gives? This looks like a slap at the military and Virginia.

I wonder how many teachers are at the Joint Military Command?
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Here in Alabama we had a similar thing happen. The Base Realignment and Closure or BRAC saw fit to shut down Fort McClellan at Anniston, AL. The base was a very critical post and it was where the Military Police and the chemical weapons troops were trained. I can't see that it saved the government any money. You would thing the Secretary of Defense would try and save military installations rather than trying to shut them down.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 08-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #4

I dont know the motivation, I do suspect its a "if you dont agree with us we will show you what happens to those who dont agree with us" thing ... seems like the states agreeing with Bom Bom are getting a lot of support and aid... and those that dont seem to be getting the other end of the stick.

Irrelevant to that with everything going on at our non-allies level right now... doesnt seem very sensible to cut our military strength with all the crisis going on.

We are already being perceived as weak around the world over the last couple years, and this administration is showing that their theory of "talk to them, threaten them, and threaten them and threaten them......" doesnt work... it just delay's the inevitable truth they want to avoid seeing and empowers them with the time to develop what is needed to destroy us.

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Nrider you forgot bow to them.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Nrider you forgot bow to them.
Never, I will apologize when I am wrong, I will admit I dont know, I will debate openly with someone with different views....

BUT.... I am American thru and thru and proud of who we are and what we have done since our creation as a Republic to advance the world to a view that doesnt include subservience to anyone or you have to be "insert name" .... we do not have to bow and we do not expect anyone else to bow to us.

Or so I was raised to believe!

The President is not the Emperor and Pelosi is not the queen... and we still live in America and they still work for us..... I know they are doing their best to change the rules... but it aint happened yet if it will happen at all.

Summary... I dont bow

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Man we ain't havin a great week you n me. I didn't mean YOU would bow, but WE have in proxy when Obama did!

Don't make me ride out theya' and bi tch slap yer a$$

see the glock thread too geeeze,,,,,,,,,,,,,

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho (High Plains Drifter)
Unless I missed something the article says it will save $240 million. In a day when the Dems in Washington are passing BILLIONS out like candy this seems very petty. Part of the justification for one of their earlier bailouts was to save teachers jobs. Now they are writting another $23billion check to save teachers jobs????? What gives? This looks like a slap at the military and Virginia.

I wonder how many teachers are at the Joint Military Command?

C'mon Bud, try to understand the rules of finances in Obamaworld;

1 - If there are still checks in the checkbook there is still money.

2 - If there are no checks in the check book get some printed and see rule #1

Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Man we ain't havin a great week you n me. I didn't mean YOU would bow, but WE have in proxy when Obama did!

Yeah I know you didnt mean "me" mac, but when Bom Bom bows.... America is represented in it.
Didnt take it bad ...... just one of many things that just irks me about the new way of representing us to the world.

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NriderUSA
Quote:

Yeah I know you didnt mean "me" mac, but when Bom Bom bows.... America is represented in it.
Didnt take it bad ...... just one of many things that just irks me about the new way of representing us to the world.
Well there we go back to page 1 and we are on the same page again. That crap set me off.

The Feds are right up to the bottom of the barrel, bring the USA down to the next 3rd world level, and for what?

To make us be even with the rest of the world.

They are screwin with the bread basket too, which is gonna do what? Well that's a no brainer. Tax the farmers out and then we will see who has the power to feed the world.

These duffers think they will be just fine, but you can't eat green ink very well.

My hope was to ride this joker out, but I am not to sure that can happen anymore. As it is now I think he should be tried for Treason and to hell with immpeachments.

And if found guilty let good old fashion Capital Punisment take place.

Not sure if this is a interweb rumor, but in the tsnumai of Dec 05 we showed up as I hear it, with 3 air craft carriers, and the French dipchitomat 'wined' You Americans show up with 3 ships of war after this distaster, are you going to bomb them too?

An officer proceeded to mention each air craft carried is fir out with 3 hospitals and counts off the number of beds and points out they can crete enough power to run a lot of stuff. asking where are the french air craft carriers to assist.

In my words no quotes.

So yeah the days USA, us being able to help other peoples in far away lands is coming to an end. Perhaps the Russians will take our place in that huh? I don't see the French doing doing much.

I hope those in Biafra how ever you spell it, have a bag of rice with my name on it too, You see that ever happen?

I won't hold my breath either.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 08-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #11

We are closing/cutting strategic military support and looky whats happening elsewhere around the globe........ so much for talk talk talk threaten threaten talk some more policy.....
doesnt appear to be working?
Maybe its time to remember who our allies truly are.... if we havent alienated them to the point of no return yet.

Seems to be a gathering of Anti-US governments taking advantage of the re-run of the Carter era....

Russia Sets Date for Iran to Go Nuclear
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08...nt-begin-week/

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #12

I can remember after the first gulf war they did a big draw down of military force and military bases and I can also remember the shortage of troups when they need a big force to invade another place in the world and they were short and talked about the draft again , so you see those who don't learn from the past are domed to repeat it and we are about to see act two of lets screw everything up again . The gov don't care about america any more they think the american public is their play toy , after their term up then someone else will get the blame for what they did .All those other gov already think we are blowhards thats the reason they do what ever they want because the now the US won't stop them anyway.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #13

We are in a cut military defense budget while the rest of the players are increasing theirs.

Pentagon Sounds Alarm at China's Military Buildup
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...itary-buildup/

Israel Has Until Week's End to Strike Iran Nuclear Facility, Bolton Says
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...y-bolton-says/

This is only 2 blurps from today..

All you got to do is read and everyone else who is on the other side of the fence from America is arming up and preparing for something, while we continue down the Carter type dismantle and go for the nobel peace prize tactics.

1946 George Orwell