Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 08-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #1

crazy windshield bag

can anyone recommend a good 3 pocket windshield bag that will fit a 2005 nomad windshield? thank you scott

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #2

Surprised nobody responded to this? Anyway, I'm looking too, for any bag big enough for a pair of glasses and an iPhone, really. A 3-pocket would be nice. Trouble is, looking to add Chuckster's 2 1/2" risers soon, and the bag I have now is definitely too thick/deep (as in, sticks out too far back from the shield).

Anyone have a good recommendation for the stock shield?

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Candy Fire Red/Metallic Diablo Black
B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter
VBA #02190

Old 10-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #3

I looked for one when I had the windshield went to a fairing found one to fit the fairing never found one for the windshield

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 10-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #4

When I got my Nomad the first thing I did was put a windshield bag on it. look all over and had to get a harley bag and dril holes to fit the Nomad. looks good and holds glasses sun screen and a hair brush for the wife and still room.
VBA # 290
2006 Black Nomad

Old 10-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #5

I have an OEM windshield bag for a 2010 nomad if anyone is interested. It's in like new condition. I now ride a vaquero so no longer need it. Not sure if it will fit an earlier model nomad without alteration but if interested, please PM me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #6

If you hunt around luggage stores, they sometimes have leather bags that work just fine. I bought a fanny pack, (small leather bag with a strap to go around your waist). I cut the straps off all but an inch and used them to mount the bag through existing windshield bolts. It a separate pocket for cell phone and garage door opener in the front and and a larger pocket I can put sunglasses, or a camera in etc.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
Surprised nobody responded to this? Anyway, I'm looking too, for any bag big enough for a pair of glasses and an iPhone, really. A 3-pocket would be nice. Trouble is, looking to add Chuckster's 2 1/2" risers soon, and the bag I have now is definitely too thick/deep (as in, sticks out too far back from the shield).

Due to the curvature of the windshield hardware on a Nomad, I don't know of a three bag that fits. Not to talk you out of the risers you have in mine, but a set of Aeromach's or Scoot Works will give you enough room for a large single bag. Their riser are a bit more expensive but you save the cost of purchasing a new bag. I think the pullback dimension is greater also and I have used both.

Stop by sometime, have a seat and see how Aeromachs feel to you on my bike. You also have the additional option of adding a tach adapter if you are so inclined to someday.

Skeeter
PGR #330
VBA #01391

When you’re PSYCHOTIC you never ride A L O N E !

Old 10-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckguy02 View Post
can anyone recommend a good 3 pocket windshield bag that will fit a 2005 nomad windshield? thank you scott
I bought the following, replaced the concho's with ones from Mustang to match the seat, and added studs. Then added holes and mounted with existing windshield hardware. Has held up for about 5 years now with zero problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Hopnel-Signatu.../dp/B004IYFXOC
vroc~20268

Old 10-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewweeks View Post
I bought the following, replaced the concho's with ones from Mustang to match the seat, and added studs. Then added holes and mounted with existing windshield hardware. Has held up for about 5 years now with zero problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Hopnel-Signatu.../dp/B004IYFXOC
Thinking more about it, I think 2 of the bolts from the windshield were longer than the others, and I ordered 2 or 3 more from the dealer. I also had to remove the adjustable vent so the bolts were long enough, but I didn't want it anyhow.
vroc~20268

Old 10-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #10

Drewweeks,

Does a pair of MC glasses fit in the center ? Does a highway toll pass transponder fit on one of the side pockets ?

What kind of risers do you have ?
VBA # 02065 VROC #29763

Sold - 2006 Nomad Green/Silver - Cobra Light Bar & Luggage Rack, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Phat II Risers, Mustang w/backrest, Vista Cruise, Vance & Hines, PCIII, Kruiser Kaddy, Classic Engine Guard Chaps, Electrical Connection R,B,T LED Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light.

Current Ride - 15 Road Glide S.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckoach View Post
Drewweeks,

Does a pair of MC glasses fit in the center ? Does a highway toll pass transponder fit on one of the side pockets ?

What kind of risers do you have ?
I keep a garage door clicker, fingerless gloves, doorag and glasses all in the center. The sides are about 4 fingers wide, and maybe 2-3 deep, so it depends on the transponder.

I am using Chucksters risers right now and it's all accessible. I don't think you'd have a problem with any pull back riser either. Since you'll need to poke holes to mount, you can adjust the height as you desire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050299.jpg (94.3 KB, 40 views)
vroc~20268

Old 10-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #12

I just bought a standard 3 pocket bag and just drilled holes to match my windshield, it worked great, and then i got a Reckless fairing and now the pockets are on it.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post

I couldn't fairly answer to the question. So i said nothing which might be as wrong.

On my 01 i had a bag bolted to the screen but i hate it because the latch was under the bar with the risers i had.

I messed about setting it back with longer bolts and used coke bottle caps as spacers, since they were black. I cut others of the same down for flat washers to go inside that bag too.

This was a one pouch bag too I never yet had a 3 pouch bag ever..

What i have now on the 06 is a woman black purse and it isn't bolted to the screen at all.

It is real leather and has a small mirror and a calculator inside but the rest I gutted to hold 3 or 4 pair of riding glasses, and a 3rd power take off for my gps.

When i want anything in it i just pick it up, taking a little care to not snag the power take off wires.

All I need now is a place for my black stilleto heels and it's little black dress

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #14

I have a small women's leather clutch purse $10 at wally world.
It is held on with a magnet to the cross brace, magnet is inside purse.

I have some very very strong magnets removed from permanent magnet DC motors. Did I say they were strong....

I also keep one on my oil filter.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #15

I made my own bag, that way I could make it fit perfect for the spot I had, a lot deeper then most windshield bags. Works well even after changing out the risers.

VBA #02051
2012 NCR Rally, Savanna, IL