Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #1

Honest Opinion...

Do you feel like the 1700 Voyager is a great bike? Are you glad you bought it or the Vaquero?

I just bought a new 2010 Voyager. I rode my friends brand new one and fell in love with it. I am praying it will be as good as my VTX. I had it for 7 years and it never had any major problems.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Advanced Member

I love my Voyager!! VERY glad I bought it!

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 09-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunknd View Post
Do you feel like the 1700 Voyager is a great bike? Are you glad you bought it or the Vaquero?

I just bought a new 2010 Voyager. I rode my friends brand new one and fell in love with it. I am praying it will be as good as my VTX. I had it for 7 years and it never had any major problems.

I would predict you will have great reliability like the VTX and better handling if it was a VTX 1800. Was your VTX 1300 or 1800?
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 09-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #4

I had a 1300C. I was in love with it up do the day I rode my buddies brand new Kawasaki Voyager. I looked for 2 weeks and found a great deal in New Orleans on a new 2010. I know it is going to be a big change from the 1300c but I can't wait.

I took my VTX to Colorado for 2 weeks a few years back and now I am dying to take the new bike somewhere. Looking forward to the next long trip on the Voyager!

Old 09-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
Top Contributor

I have had over 20 motorcycles. The Voyager is the best bike I have ever owned for doing what it was designed for, long distances in comfort.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunknd View Post
I had a 1300C. I was in love with it up do the day I rode my buddies brand new Kawasaki Voyager. I looked for 2 weeks and found a great deal in New Orleans on a new 2010. I know it is going to be a big change from the 1300c but I can't wait.

I took my VTX to Colorado for 2 weeks a few years back and now I am dying to take the new bike somewhere. Looking forward to the next long trip on the Voyager!
Make it to Idaho next year! See link

http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34942
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #7

The reason I ask is because I want peoples opinion that have had the Voyager for a while. I have read every review I can find and keep seeing issues with heat, sqeaky belts, and dying when clutch is pulled in (ECU fix I assume).

Just praying for a great reliable ride. I can't wait to pick it up.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #8

In my opinion, the only drawback to a Voyager is the lack of Kawasaki accessories. Not much out there but some aftermarket companies have stepped up and produced. My opinion is if Kawasaki is going to go after the bagger market, they need to step it up on the accessory side and options and/or available features. Otherwise, it's a very reliable bike and I've had 27000 plus miles of riding fun on my 2011.
VBA #01900
VROC #25609
F.A.I.T.H. Riders (Central Baptist Church, Lawton)
MSF Rider Coach

Old 10-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #9

I am loving my 2011 Voyager! A nice mature upgrade from the Mean Streak, which was a super ride too.
Cobra Scalloped Slip-ons

Thunder Mfg. Intake Gasket
DEI Titanium exhaust header wrap
Corbin heated seat.
Polk Audio db521 speakers
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 with Mobil 1 M1-110 filter
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs
Chrome passenger running board covers
All new fluids and lube.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #10

Over 21k in just over a year on my Vaquero. While I agree with the annoyance with the lack of aftermarket stuff, that does force us to be more creative, and the end result provides us truly unique rides. I absolutely love my Black Magic!

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #11

I've got a 2011 Voyager ABS with just under 56,000 miles on it. It's been a great bike, it does everything I want it to do. Like said above, finding accessories is a challenge. One other thing, they don't have many problems but if they do, count on a week or longer waiting for parts. Dealers just don't keep enough parts on hand. But, when you take in to account that they just don't go down that often, the chance is worth it. I have 4 more months of warranty left, so I'm getting the bug. I'm looking at all the options, but I can tell you, I haven't found anything yet that makes me want to change brands. I was really interested in Victory CC until my wife and I test rode one in Sturgis. I was disappointed in the ride, handling, motor and the wind protection. Fit and finish was great though. My next bike will be my 27th new bike so I have a good idea what I'm looking for. The Voyager is a great bike, it will serve you well.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
Top Contributor

What aftermarket accessories do people with the Voyager need ? I dont need anything else on my Voyager.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #13

lol...I was wondering the same thing.

I am glad to know that many people think it's a great bike. I guess I'm a bit nervous from changing from my Honda VTX which has been amazingg to a new brand. Hope I have years of great riding like yall do.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #14

crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
What aftermarket accessories do people with the Voyager need ? I dont need anything else on my Voyager.
Some people like to customize their bikes. I wanted a luggage rack, Kawasaki NOPE, thank goodness for a nice Yamaha Venture rack that fits great and looks good, it would be nice though to have the Vulcan symbol on it and not a Yamaha symbol. I would like a wind shield bag, Kawasaki Nope, and I've not found one yet that you don't have to modify to get to work. I would like a Chrome radiator cover with Vulcan on it or a Vulcan badge. Different Vulcan chrome mirrors would be nice. How about a nice Vulcan vest, jacket, shirt, hat....... How about some chrome to dress it up some more, chrome side covers, front forks, wheels etc. This can't be all that much to ask or weird.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Top Contributor

If I had wanted a lot of aftermarket stuff I would have bought a Harley, and thats not happening.

I can see where some people would like add ons to their bike but in my case the bike is fine the way it left the showroom with regard to accessories.

Last edited by redjay; 10-02-2013 at 05:23 PM.