Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #1

Question Extended Warrenty.

Does anyone have a good price on the Kawasaki Extended Warranty. If so through whom?
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
Does anyone have a good price on the Kawasaki Extended Warranty. If so through whom?
Thanks
Go to a dealer and make an offer starting at 1/2 retail and you can go from there..you'll be starting at near their cost. Bought mine within a year of buying the bike at about 60% of retail.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #3

They're available on ebay for about $700 for four more years.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 10-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
They're available on ebay for about $700 for four more years.
$760
Look at this on eBay:

Kawasaki 4-yr extended warranty. Good Times Protection

http://bit.ly/17GNpTD

Old 10-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by george james View Post
Go to a dealer and make an offer starting at 1/2 retail and you can go from there..you'll be starting at near their cost. Bought mine within a year of buying the bike at about 60% of retail.
What is retail price?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #6

i bought a "good times" kawasaki extended warranty. The bike was totaled before the extended warranty ever kicked in. Still waiting for the refund. It has been over 3 years. Do I want another Good Time? No thanks.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy194 View Post
What is retail price?
Been a couple years but I think 7-800.00 was retail at that time. Do a search and you will find back in sept of 2012 a dealer in cullman Alabama was selling 3 year warranties for less than 400.00. I just found it but don`t know how to post it here.

Last edited by george james; 10-22-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmac View Post
i bought a "good times" kawasaki extended warranty. The bike was totaled before the extended warranty ever kicked in. Still waiting for the refund. It has been over 3 years. Do I want another Good Time? No thanks.
I'm kind of surprised they offered to give you a refund in the first place. Too bad they didn't follow through.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 10-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #9

I got a 4 year GTPP last year from Ultimate Cycle in Richmond, VA for $419 (plus sales tax since I'm also in VA). If you're looking for a GTPP and you're still under warranty, you might want to call them, ask for Pete, and see if they're offering any kind of deal.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg3 View Post
I got a 4 year GTPP last year from Ultimate Cycle in Richmond, VA for $419 (plus sales tax since I'm also in VA). If you're looking for a GTPP and you're still under warranty, you might want to call them, ask for Pete, and see if they're offering any kind of deal.
Thanks for the great info!

Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg3 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on that one - I may give Pete a call . . .

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 10-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmac View Post
Yeah Bill, I purchased the 4 yr. Good Times extended warranty from the dealership when I bought my Nomad. The business manager told me that I would get a pro-rated refund if I sold the bike or it was fully transferable to the new owner, my choice. I traded the Nomad and went to the Kaw dealer with the paperwork to get my refund and the BM told me that the bike had to be totaled to get the refund. Not what they told me when I purchased it. It paid for three leaking shocks so I suppose I got most of the $600 that I paid for the warranty back. I found out on KawaNow a couple of months after purchasing my Nomad that Freemont Motor Sports in Colorado was selling the same 4 year plan on Ebay for $350.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider View Post
Yeah Bill, I purchased the 4 yr. Good Times extended warranty from the dealership when I bought my Nomad. The business manager told me that I would get a pro-rated refund if I sold the bike or it was fully transferable to the new owner, my choice. I traded the Nomad and went to the Kaw dealer with the paperwork to get my refund and the BM told me that the bike had to be totaled to get the refund. Not what they told me when I purchased it. It paid for three leaking shocks so I suppose I got most of the $600 that I paid for the warranty back. I found out on KawaNow a couple of months after purchasing my Nomad that Freemont Motor Sports in Colorado was selling the same 4 year plan on Ebay for $350.
I bought the bike and the warranty from Sammies Kawasaki in Irving, TX. I pointed out the $350 Good Time Warranty price on Ebay and they said they would give it to me for less than $400. I think it was $380. They told me a refund would be provided if the bike was totaled. That refund never happened. (I did not really think they would step up either). I also would bet the smuck who bought the salvaged bike from the insurance company did not get the extended warranty either. So the good time is for Kawasaki, I figured out. If companies don't want to be trashed on the forums, they should not pull stuff like this. My two cents.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #14

I think you already have a warranty - its this forum :) There are hardly any things that only the dealer can do/figure out that won't find help for on this forum. Labor is from u of course but that the half the fun of owning these bikes isnt it ?

Old 10-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #15
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1500ccs View Post
I think you already have a warranty - its this forum :) There are hardly any things that only the dealer can do/figure out that won't find help for on this forum. Labor is from u of course but that the half the fun of owning these bikes isnt it ?
It sure is.....unless your name is Top Cat!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17