Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #1

why so few exhaust options for vaquero?

Is it just that companys haven't started making them or what? I really expected to see some true dual straight pipes but there's just not many options. What gives?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Top Contributor

Not enough demand is my guess. There are mufflers from Cobra, V&H and Freedom Performance (?) for the Vaquero.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #3

I actually think there are quite a few options for a bike that has been on the market for 3 years. I'm sure there will be more coming. I have the FP black/chrome true duals and couldn't imagine a better looking or better sounding option for my Vaq.
VBA#02576

Old 05-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #4

I dunno, I figured hard krome and bub would jump on this bike but I guess I'll have to wait.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #5

I wanna put the dual V&H system on my vaquero but can't find them on their site anymore

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #6

Same as any other Kawi. Aftermarket support is limited. For whatever reason, Kawi seems to be the Redheaded, Greenheaded?, step-child. Even as loyal as Kawi owners are. I have been watching the market for a Vaquero, even though I can't afford a DD much less a new bike, and even the Dealers tell me they are gone usually by the end of the week when they get one. So the lack of aftermarket support is confusing.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #7

I have talked to V&H reps at various rallies and they say that the only thing they will produce for Kawi 1700 cruisers is the slash cut slipons, they won't do a full system and won't do any of their others like the Monster Ovals for our bikes. The Voyager has been out for 5 years now and has the same aftermarket support as the Vaquero, so I don't see any others jumping on the band wagon any time soon.

2012 Voyager / Gone
2006 Vulcan Classic Anniversary Edition / Gone

VBA #02052
VROC #34932

Old 06-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #8

I dont think the numbers are there, How many Vaqueros are out there ..i havnt seen any out there but my own, The dealer i got mine from had it in the show room for a yr. When i went to get my inspection sticker ,all the Harley guys and the mechanics came out and couldnt believe there eyes. looking it over one said "there goes the future"... The mechanic was afraid to touch it. lots of OMG!! and compliments.. (felt good). happens all the time.. Im still in search to find another one out there while riding. One thing i dont understand is why doesnt the japanese bike builders , companies affiliates capitalize on the riding gear market ,shirts, jackets,ect.. Like Harley does. Isnt like they dont have the means.. just asking.
DRIVING AUX LIGHTS
KURYAKYN GRIPS RAY'S THROTTLE MODE
CORBIN YOUNG GUNS SEAT
CHROME TANK COVER
14" WINDSHEILD
INFINITY SPEAKERS
KURYAKYN CUP HOLDER

IPOD CONNECTOR
TORDADO AIR KIT
RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Last edited by jase64; 06-13-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero1700rider View Post
I wanna put the dual V&H system on my vaquero but can't find them on their site anymore
V&H still makes the dual slash cut slip-ons part #18371 as listed on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Voyager View Post
I have talked to V&H reps at various rallies and they say that the only thing they will produce for Kawi 1700 cruisers is the slash cut slipons, they won't do a full system and won't do any of their others like the Monster Ovals for our bikes. The Voyager has been out for 5 years now and has the same aftermarket support as the Vaquero, so I don't see any others jumping on the band wagon any time soon.
V&H does make a full system it's a 2-1 style. No they don't make a full dual system but the 2-1 is a full system.

RACNRAY

Old 06-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Good points.....I have a Vance&Hines 2-1 full performance system in chrome (look on my avatar) from the heads out on mine and it works and looks great and was affordable, with average ease of install. I am surprised that Cobra hasn't built a full system for the Vaquero yet. Freedom has come up with a 2-1 high performance system chrome or black, but may still be a few weeks out before it is released. Check on Phatperformance parts on their website, it shows that system....you can call them for availability. Freeedom also makes a full 2-2 system for the Vaquero, pretty spendy at just under a grand.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #11

You are correct Ray, my mistake, I am not one for a 2 into 1 on a bagger but that is just me.

2012 Voyager / Gone
2006 Vulcan Classic Anniversary Edition / Gone

VBA #02052
VROC #34932

Old 06-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #12

There just isn't enough volume either new or used. Personally I'm amazed people aren't buying the heck out of these bikes.

2010 Voyager
2003 Vtx1800
Tecumseh 5Hp Mini-Bike

Old 06-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #13
Top Contributor

Don't get worked up about the lack of exhausts. Unless you have a Harley, don't expect a slew of "bad ass" type aftermarket parts. The Vaquero/Voyager aren't close to what the public considers "bad ass". Loud, shiny exhausts are generally associated with the "bad ass" crowd. Sorry, but it is what it is.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #14

I would classify those FP True Duals as Bad ASS.