Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #1

Reckless fairing and F&S billet light bar

So I'm about ready to jump on the Reckless bandwagon and found lots of good info in the forums. I emailed Reckless to confirm that my Fire and Steel billet light bar would work with their fairing and they said no... it wouldn't.

Their website does have some pics of an '04 Nomad with the same billet light bar so am wondering if it works but with some modifications. Anyone know if the Reckless will just bolt up or what needs to be done to make this work? Many thanks...

D

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #2

I can't tell you which light bar I have, it came on the bike. The bike is an o7 Nomad. But, it is the one with the "deep"dish backs on the lights. I was able to install my Reckless fairing just fine, but the backs of the lights hit the fairing and were forced down, pointed mostly at the ground. My solution was simple and effective. I took a dremel and file to the fairing brackets and slotted them so as to raise the fairing, and bring it back slightly. Issue solved.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #3

I have the Fire and Steel light bar on my 2008 with a Reckless fairing installed. Like Paul I slotted the mounting brackets and also dremeled out the light mounting holes in the light bracket and moved them forward a bit more. I have about a 1/4 inch of clearance between the fairing and the spots.

You could also install Harley style shallow spots on your light bar and not have to dremel out any holes in the brackets.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Emgo-4-1-2In...310f8a&vxp=mtr
VBA #01448
2008 Metallic Ocean Blue / Neutron Silver
*the coolest colors*

Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #4

Thanks guys. My spots come out at a 45 degree angle from the billet bar so I'm hoping there is enough room. I guess smaller lights may work too if changing the mounting holes doesn't work. Attached are some pics (less the forks.... new seals needed) of the space I have to work with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Light Bar.JPG (86.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Light Bar 2.JPG (76.1 KB, 16 views)