Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #1

Question looking to buy new pipes n fuel command modules

Hi I have a 2014 Vaquero. I'm looking at buying some new slip-ons n fuel command module but I don't want to it to loud on pricey. What do u guys recommend n where to get them at?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #2
Advanced Member

I just bought a 2014 myself and have been searching hard on the internet for the same items. So far Phat Performance has the best prices I have found. Cruiser Customizing is useless for the Vaquero. Good luck.

oh and I have researched the slipons. Cobra Tri Ovals might be exactly what you are looking for. I like a little more sound as I am used to the Samson exhaust on my 1500 classic, so I am going with the V&H slash cut rounds

Last edited by Ken Vega; 11-09-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
Advanced Member

pipes

I am running 2 into 1 Freedom performance and the sound is great. You would get either black or chrome system both are available. I am using a cobra auto tune fuel processor and it works great.

I have used cobras tri oval,,,, lots of popping on decel ( bad design)... I don't recommend those unless ur buying a PC5 and have it dyno.. even then they pop on decel

I have used V&H slip on also and they sound good * cheapest way to go...

The 2 in 1 totally increased my skoot performance bar none,,, I could not believe the difference... My skoot has a Thunder open K&N air intake also and so the skoot breathes better and goes like snot.. To me This set up is cat ass

My 2 Cents

Nomad 1700
Nomad 2010
Voyager trunk
Alleycat intake / YVANIZE ECU, Freedom performance 2 into 1
Kuryaken grip with Throttle mod
lost of chrome add on
Sound digital 1200.4 2 ohm
6 x 9 MPX 690 Hertz in custom fairing
6.5 hcx hertz speakers in hard bags
6.5 MPX hertz in pods

Old 11-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanrider03 View Post
I am running 2 into 1 Freedom performance and the sound is great. You would get either black or chrome system both are available. I am using a cobra auto tune fuel processor and it works great.

I have used cobras tri oval,,,, lots of popping on decel ( bad design)... I don't recommend those unless ur buying a PC5 and have it dyno.. even then they pop on decel

I have used V&H slip on also and they sound good * cheapest way to go...

The 2 in 1 totally increased my skoot performance bar none,,, I could not believe the difference... My skoot has a Thunder open K&N air intake also and so the skoot breathes better and goes like snot.. To me This set up is cat ass

My 2 Cents

Nomad 1700
The freedom exhausts are beautiful and sound good fro. The clips I have heard. My thing is I like the dual exhaust look, whichis why I am sticking with just slipons. I want a little better performance but I am not looking to add 30 hp. Just want the engine to breathe better and sound like a v twin.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Advanced Member

I to purchased the 2014 vaq in burnt orange. and an looking for pipes too, me personally I don't care for the look of FP duels they could have done a better job leaving the heads and starting to go under the motorcycle I have seen and heard them in person, and they do sound really GOOD, appearance is half of it for me though, tri-ovals are awesome looking too but whatever I decide on will be ceramic coated black.
not sure the tri- ovals produce a good rumble and thump I like'em a little loud, but not obnoxious.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #6

Has anyone heard of or seen the V+H monster ovals on a 1700? I found a clip of them on a Yamaha Venture and they sound superb.

Expensive as hell, though.

http://www.houseofkawasaki.com/Vance...20Hines&pos=19

Been meaning to call these guys. Curious as to why they are selling them if they don't fit our bikes.

Will probably end up with one of these though

I think the V+H sound better IMO.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #7

I have the V&H 2-1 Pro pipe, EJK tuner And the Thunder Tornado kit couldn't be happier.. Lots of low end torque and you cant use 6th gear @ regular cruising speeds
DRIVING AUX LIGHTS
KURYAKYN GRIPS RAY'S THROTTLE MODE
CORBIN YOUNG GUNS SEAT
CHROME TANK COVER
14" WINDSHEILD
INFINITY SPEAKERS
KURYAKYN CUP HOLDER

IPOD CONNECTOR
TORDADO AIR KIT
RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Old 11-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #8
Advanced Member

I always like to read your posts, I probably going to set mine up like yours with the propipe ceramic coated and a ejk module, had the module before on my 1500 nomad very easy to set up ( plug and play) no computer. I cant remember which is recommended gen 3 or 3.5

Old 11-19-2014, 05:36 AM   #9

I had the V-H slip ons for a bit on the Voyager and went back to a stock debaffled. Nice rumble, but not as bad as the slip ons were... Shoooo
Performace wise seem to be about the same, no real big difference there. Had a PC module and one of my BAK (stock cover) models on it
2010 Voyager (Blue/Silver)sold
2001 Nomad (gone, but not forgotten)

www.chucksterscustoms.com

Old 11-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #10

Hey I'm famous now. That was my old nomad. I have the same pipes on my vaquero now. The tri-ovals sound better with some time on them and a bit of carbon built up inside. Not to loud when cruising on the hgwy and have a good bark when you hit the throttle.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's flash
Thunder Tornado Big Air Kit