Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #1

Air Fork Balance Kit

Who else makes this type of kit? Looks like Progressive no longer has it available.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #2

You should be able to make up own kit.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #3

I have one of those Progressive kits on mine, but you should be able to make one pretty easy. Go to a parts store like auto zone and you can by the air line by the foot, and it is for air shocks, then get you some fittings that will screw into your shocks and put a "T" with an air valve core in so you'll be able to air it up.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 03-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #4

I still have about 20' of the air line left over from when I bought the parts for mine. PM me your address and I'll throw a couple feet in the mail to you. NC

I do have the Progressive kit installed with a Gauge and love it, been running it for 5 years and only had a leak just two months ago from where the line enter one of the fittings, I think I pulled it while cleaning. Having the gauge makes it so much easier.
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 03-07-2015, 02:33 PM   #5

Progressive Air Shocks

Regarding Air Shocks,

I have also plumbed my Air Shocks together and put a Tee with a Shrader Fill Valve in front of my Left Saddle Bag -- also run tubing to front of the Nomad attached to a Mechanical Air Gauge and a Digital Air Gauge to a second Shader Fill Valve.

I will add a Link below that shows the Air Gauges each side above my Tachometer -- My Air Shocks have not lost any Air during (3) riding seasons but with the Nomad sitting idle for 4 to 5 Months each winter I have noticed the shocks lose all their Air -- My guess this has never happened during riding season so the seals must relax when not being ridden.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtfs02163z...nit-2.JPG?dl=0

Northern Dancer,

Regards,

Ron

Darksider 2006 Goldwing 1800, 2008 Nomad 1600, 2006 ST1300PA Police, 2005 Burgman Executive 650
Goodyear TripleTred CT NRF 205/60R16 38psi - KUMHO 195/55-16 CT Run Flat 32psi VBA #01969
POTENZA 165/65R14 38psi - Hankook 205/50/ZR17 38psi - Michelin Alpin PA3 205/60R16 36psi
DUNLOP NRF 195/60R16 38psi - Bridgestone Front G709 38psi - Darkside Number (DS #610)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #6

Northern Dancer, that has got to be the most gadgets I've ever seen on the handle bars of any bike. Not being critical just it's your ride and I'm sure you use all of it but man that's cluttered.
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 03-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandreu View Post
Northern Dancer, that has got to be the most gadgets I've ever seen on the handle bars of any bike. Not being critical just it's your ride and I'm sure you use all of it but man that's cluttered.
+ 1
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 03-07-2015, 10:55 PM   #8

What should I remove??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandreu View Post
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I like my Gear Position Indicator -- Air Shock Gauges -- MP3/FM/AM Sound System -- ZUMO GPS and Garmin GPS backup -- Clock Guage -- Outside Air Temperature Gauge -- Break away Throttle Control -- (4) Illuminated Push Button Switches to control Dear Alert, Power GPS's when Ignition is Off, Engine LED Lighting, Driving Lights -- Engine Hour Meter -- Tachometer -- Illuminated Battery Minder -- J&M CB Radio -- 12 Volt Power Socket -- Doran Tire Pressure Monitoring System -- ETC

Criticize as you like but I like them all and I have not even begun to list many other Add-Ons that are not visible in this Photo like Driving Lights Modulator -- Alarm System -- TFI Fuel control tuned by Dyna Tune Dynometer -- Michelin Alpin Snow Tire -- Modulating Brake Light -- LED Headlight -- 3 Position Peg/Floor Board setup for passenger comfort -- GoPro Video Camera powered by Motorcycle with remote WiFi control -- ETC, ETC

I am not Motorcycle want to be but have been riding 54 Years and passed one Million Miles years ago. I have (4) Touring Motorcycles all insured, full equipped, and serious Mileage on each.

Call it Cluttered if you will but to me each and every one of these adds to my safety and enjoyment

Northern Dancer,

Happy, Happy,

Ron

Darksider 2006 Goldwing 1800, 2008 Nomad 1600, 2006 ST1300PA Police, 2005 Burgman Executive 650
Goodyear TripleTred CT NRF 205/60R16 38psi - KUMHO 195/55-16 CT Run Flat 32psi VBA #01969
POTENZA 165/65R14 38psi - Hankook 205/50/ZR17 38psi - Michelin Alpin PA3 205/60R16 36psi
DUNLOP NRF 195/60R16 38psi - Bridgestone Front G709 38psi - Darkside Number (DS #610)

Old 03-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
I like my Gear Position Indicator -- Air Shock Gauges -- MP3/FM/AM Sound System -- ZUMO GPS and Garmin GPS backup -- Clock Guage -- Outside Air Temperature Gauge -- Break away Throttle Control -- (4) Illuminated Push Button Switches to control Dear Alert, Power GPS's when Ignition is Off, Engine LED Lighting, Driving Lights -- Engine Hour Meter -- Tachometer -- Illuminated Battery Minder -- J&M CB Radio -- 12 Volt Power Socket -- Doran Tire Pressure Monitoring System -- ETC

Criticize as you like but I like them all and I have not even begun to list many other Add-Ons that are not visible in this Photo like Driving Lights Modulator -- Alarm System -- TFI Fuel control tuned by Dyna Tune Dynometer -- Michelin Alpin Snow Tire -- Modulating Brake Light -- LED Headlight -- 3 Position Peg/Floor Board setup for passenger comfort -- GoPro Video Camera powered by Motorcycle with remote WiFi control -- ETC, ETC

I am not Motorcycle want to be but have been riding 54 Years and passed one Million Miles years ago. I have (4) Touring Motorcycles all insured, full equipped, and serious Mileage on each.

Call it Cluttered if you will but to me each and every one of these adds to my safety and enjoyment

Northern Dancer,

Happy, Happy,

Ron
Fuck me dead mate,captain Kirk had less to deal with,how do you keep an eye on all that and not run into a ditch !

Old 03-08-2015, 06:20 AM   #10

Quote:

Northern Dancer,

Happy, Happy,

Ron
Wow A lot of time & work went into installing all your accessories.
Enjoy your bike and be safe.
Bob
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 03-08-2015, 07:22 AM   #11
Advanced Member

Thought I saw a fish finder in there at first glance.

What brand on tachometer is that and is it close to being right?

Patriot Guard Riders
Sons Of Liberty Riders Alabama Road Captain
2015 Voyager
2003 1500 NOMAD FI sold 6/19
VBA #2993
RUSSELL DAYLONG SEATS ROCK!!
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #12

See, multitasking can be fun.
If I suits you Ron then that is what counts.
The two GPS's remind me of my brother though, he has 3 if you count his wife and all 3 have contradicted each other on the route to take several times.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-08-2015, 09:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A. View Post
Thought I saw a fish finder in there at first glance.

What brand on tachometer is that and is it close to being right?
Dont be giving him idea's like that,i bet he could find room for one.

Fair play to the bloke though,he like's his gadget's, and he's got them.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #14

"3 Position Peg/Floor Board setup for passenger comfort "

I'd like to see/know more about this.

Ok, a quick search and I found your pictures from a couple of years ago. Nice job!

Now back to your regular scheduled thread.

2006 Nomad 1600
Dobeck TFI, Chuckster intake, stock exhaust, coasters
VBA #02973

If life gives you lemons, add gin and tonic!

Last edited by RVTraveling; 03-08-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #15

Quote:

Northern Dancer,

Happy, Happy,

Ron
As I said not being critical, if you like it that's all that counts. just a comment about the pic posted.

Just looked at the pic again and noticed a small mirror mounted on top of the left front crash bar, what's that used for?
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Last edited by jandreu; 03-08-2015 at 01:32 PM.