Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-10-2015, 08:37 PM   #1

Hyper lube

Today I did a coolant flush on the bike . Before I refilled I add slightly more than the recommend dose of Hyper Lube . Wife and I rode out to her parents house for Mothers day . temp gauge was straight up in the middle where it used to run 1 click past center . seams like that product actually does what is says ....I really only added it as a corrosion preventive and water pump lube ...but it would seem it does drop the temp at least on my bike .
PCV

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #2

I have Water Wetter that I used to use in my dirtbikes. I think I will try it. That temperature does jump up pretty fast as soon as any traffic happens. I would use some race stuff, but in our region, the -40 degree will be too much work, having to flush every winter fro glycol coolant and then summer.
Afterburner 4500LM LED headlamp
Ivan's Performance
12 VDC plug-in
BAK Thunder mfg.
Cobra Tri-Flo
2011 Ducati Monster 796
2006 GSXR 600 (track bike)

Last edited by Duc796canada; 05-17-2015 at 11:35 PM.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc796canada View Post
I have Water Wetter that I used to use in my dirtbikes. I think I will try it. That temperature does jump up pretty fast as soon as any traffic happens. I would use some race stuff, but in our region, the -40 degree will be too much work, having to flush every winter fro glycol coolant and then summer.

I just mix the hyper lube product with my normal coolant . I put it in mainly for the corrosion protect and the water pump lube , but the temp gauge does show the bike running somewhat cooler out on the open road . it town its much the same .
PCV