Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2017, 04:48 PM   #1

Ivans Reflsh / Issues

so it warmed up enough outside to get the re-flashed ECU back on the bike, as per the instructions, turned the ignition on, got the error code, waited 5 seconds, turned ignition off,disconnected negative batter pole, waited 5 seconds, reconnected the negative battery pole, started her up all is good, engine sounds great, but the radio is not working , the screen keeps flickering when the bike is started and I cant scroll through to different stations etc. The other thing I noticed was the estimated fuel range is no longer displayed which it should as I have a full tank of gas, so I should see something. Everything else works, turn signals, hi/low beams etc. So my question anyone else experience any difficulties after the flash???? I really hope the ECU doesn't have to go back for another flash, it get expensive sending this thing back to the US, more so on its way back! This is disappointing , im hoping its an easy fix on my end. Any thoughts suggestions.

And before anyone asks, yes the radio worked fine prior to the ECU flash. The radio works fine when the key is turned to AUX only, when turned to start/run and the bike is running, its a no-go

Going to Call Ivan tomorrow for sure.

Ron

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by MPSS; 01-15-2017 at 05:02 PM.