Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

For all the readers on here in Canada, Canadian Tire has there MC jack on sale this week for 40% off on for 69.99

I have this jack and it works great, not a bad buy for the price.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...=1298035244463

Also Princess Auto has on sale starting next Tuesday their Motorcycle wheel chock (the blue one) that is superior to the other one they sell. It's in their current flyer (sorry no link right now). It's on for 49.99 cheaper then when I bought it. :(
It's great for the bigger wheel of the Nomad/Classic's too. Holds up GREAT one person operation. Great for doing lots of things to the bike (like cleaning). ;)
I suggest it as a cheap alternative to the more expensive wheel chocks (which don't work any better).

Just an FYI for anyone looking for these items to come on sale.

Scott

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #2

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Thanks for the heads up Scott! I saw the Canadian Tire flyer this morning and noticed the jack.

Will have to check out the wheel chock at Princess Auto. There's a location probably only about 20 minutes away from me.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 02-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider
Thanks for the heads up Scott! I saw the Canadian Tire flyer this morning and noticed the jack.

Will have to check out the wheel chock at Princess Auto. There's a location probably only about 20 minutes away from me.
Your welcome, I know some don't see the flyer or get one in the mail (I don't) But at the very least if your CTC store doesn't have it in stock you can get a rain check. As for Princess Auto, I have this one (had the black one they sell before it) and it works great. The black one I had SUCKED!!! CRAP....I took it back then finally they got the blue one I mentioned in. IT works GREAT. I can put it on the cement floor in the garage (rubber feet) and put the bike on and take it off easily, but holds SECURE. The other one, well getting it on it wasn't that difficult, but getting it OFF it dragged that chock all over the floor. Same floor as this one works fine on so it's the unit. Besides this one works better with the wider tires on the bigger vulcans.

That's my sales pitch..LOL..OK where is my Royalty cheque!!!

Scott

Old 02-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Canadian Readers MC Jack

I have the Canadian Tire jack thats on sale. Works great with the Idaho jack adapter.
Had it 2 seasons now.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #5

Canadian Readers MC Jack

I have the Cdn Tire lift and it works well. Scott, i have the other wheel chock from Princess auto and like yours, mine slid all around the floor trying to get the bike off of it. I may have to go pick up the one with rubber feet

Brian Muscat
bamuscat@gmail.com
Barrie, ON

KawaNOW #1404
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Ultra)
Red and Black because they're the fastest colours!
Winter is nature's way of telling us to add more Chrome!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadbehappy
I have the Cdn Tire lift and it works well. Scott, i have the other wheel chock from Princess auto and like yours, mine slid all around the floor trying to get the bike off of it. I may have to go pick up the one with rubber feet
Yes the black one is CRAP. The blue one with the rubber feet (and it is designed different as well) and works very well. I paid a bit more for mine on sale last year. I love it, for 49.99 (current price) its a great buy. Just be sure to CALL first thing Tuesday AM (open at 8) and have them put one aside for you on hold (they will for up to 5 days) last time they went FAST!!! I got a rain check and got it months later, just into riding season last year!!! It also has a latch to hold it in place as well. OK another Royalty Cheque coming now!!!

Scott

Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay
I have the Canadian Tire jack thats on sale. Works great with the Idaho jack adapter.
Had it 2 seasons now.
YES!! I was hoping someone would mention the Idaho Jack Adapter. Thanks redjay. ;) My adapter works will all standard motorcycle jacks and makes for a very stable platform.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho (High Plains Drifter)
Quote:
Had it 2 seasons now.
YES!! I was hoping someone would mention the Idaho Jack Adapter. Thanks redjay. ;) My adapter works will all standard motorcycle jacks and makes for a very stable platform.
Sure others get Royalty Checks on my post...nice

I do like the adapter you have made, and since it works great for all lifts like this one, save on 2 fronts...WIN WIN.

I imagine this will help you sell the remainder of the adapters you have left too. So where's my cheque..OH I KNOW it's in the MAIL..

Scott

Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #9

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Mount the chock on a thin piece of plywood with some rubber on bottom of plywood and it will not slide around

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 02-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69
Mount the chock on a thin piece of plywood with some rubber on bottom of plywood and it will not slide around
That MAY work, but the wheel chock I spoke of (black one) was inferior to the one I mentioned (blue) in its design and how the front tire fits into the chock in the first place. It doesn't have the hold latch either.
I don't think you should have to modify it to make it work, when the better one is actually cheaper to buy then the one I took back originally like a few others did too.

I'd buy another to mount in a trailer permanently if I had a trailer for the bike, without hesitation.

Scott

Old 02-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #11

Canadian Readers MC Jack

The one I bought from Harbor Freight like this works great.
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-97841.html I just unbolt the shop plate I made and bolt it in the trailer If I have to haul a motorcycle.

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 02-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #12
Top Contributor

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Unfortunately we do not have Harbor Freight in Ontario, or the rest of Canada ?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #13
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Unfortunately we do not have Harbor Freight in Ontario, or the rest of Canada ?
No but we have Princess Auto, they do carry a lot of the same type of merchandise as HF stores do. Not all and certainly not as cheap (in some cases) but many of the items are comparable.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #14

Canadian Readers MC Jack

CTC also has Seafoam on for $9.99 a can.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #15
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Yes they started carrying it since Christmas time. It's not on sale, just an advertised best buy. It's 9.59 for it, there transmission and lubricant spray. I think however this is the first time they have it in the flyer. Hope it sells well so they keep selling it. Cheaper then UAP and other stores in my area anyway.

Scott