Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 02-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #16

Canadian Readers MC Jack

I guess locally they are putting out their feelers because when I checked the local store here this morning, they hadn't brought any in for the flyer. I normally get it across the street from them at UAP. I think I'll order the gallon can from UAP as it'll work out a lot cheaper!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary-o
I guess locally they are putting out their feelers because when I checked the local store here this morning, they hadn't brought any in for the flyer. I normally get it across the street from them at UAP. I think I'll order the gallon can from UAP as it'll work out a lot cheaper!
From my understanding it was a company directive and is a regular item all Canadian Tire stores were to be carrying the Seafoam from what the store manager said here. He did say that as other products if after it's first quarter of sales it does not sell enough units company wide they can and often do phase out that line and bring in something else to compete, or a motomaster brand if the profit margins are not big enough?
They did the same thing with some waxes and polishes they use to carry. Removed them as didn't sell well (name brand) and replaced it with another lower price unit that had a higher profit margin.

Strange they wouldn't have it?? If other stores in your area do (other CTC stores) then they're missing the boat on potential sales.

Scott

Old 02-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #18

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott (ve3hzz)
[

Strange they wouldn't have it?? If other stores in your area do (other CTC stores) then they're missing the boat on potential sales.

Scott
Keep in mind that many Canadian Tire stores are not corporate owned but franchisees. I would suspect that no matter what CTC may say or want to see stocked, it's the store owner's decision as to what he orders for his inventory.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 02-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #19
Advanced Member

Canadian Readers MC Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott (ve3hzz)
[

Scott
Keep in mind that many Canadian Tire stores are not corporate owned but franchisees. I would suspect that no matter what CTC may say or want to see stocked, it's the store owner's decision as to what he orders for his inventory.
There are infact not many corporate stores left. And true that the store OWNERS are in control of what merchandise they buy for a flyer sale, but this item is normal stock merchandise. It has a modular home on there modular display for the section, therefore it is one of the items warehouse replenishable and should carry minimum of 1 for that. Most stores if they don't carry an item on a regular basis are asked by corporate why? Maybe they didn't get there order in in time for the sale and when they now try to order that item, it's out of stock at the warehouse as so many other stores ordered stock for the sale? Seen that happen before with seasonal items (this is considered to be that for spring riding season and late FALL for storage, xmas gifts. It also could be just that the department manager of that section didn't check and inform the store manager that they didn't have many for upcoming sales or that they were out of stock.
Anyway if another dealer in the area has it, can get it there. If a store didn't have stock and refused to offer a rain check, you can complain to head office as well, just a heads up.

Scott