Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #16

Chris, I have had a set of crashbar chaps that I purchased from Sagebrush 4 years ago. This is a great product and I am planning to buy another set to keep as a spare. I also have a set of saddlebag chaps from Ph Customs another great product. The comments on the forum so far are spot on. I have had the saddlebag chaps on my bike for 3 years and they are only removed for seasonal deep cleaning. Design a set that mount under the bags as do the origional and I will buy them and I think there will be others. We have been looking for these for a while.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince View Post
Chris, I have had a set of crashbar chaps that I purchased from Sagebrush 4 years ago. This is a great product and I am planning to buy another set to keep as a spare. I also have a set of saddlebag chaps from Ph Customs another great product. The comments on the forum so far are spot on. I have had the saddlebag chaps on my bike for 3 years and they are only removed for seasonal deep cleaning. Design a set that mount under the bags as do the origional and I will buy them and I think there will be others. We have been looking for these for a while.
Ditto to this, but add a year or two to each. The holes on the SB chaps were maybe 1/2 - 3/4 inch short of an exact size. A slight stretch and they're on. They've hardly ever been removed and have lasted well. As in Jared's version, they are more or less a tube. the seam is in the middle of the underside, so you don't need felt. PH had also sewed in a washer big enough to go over the post.

I'll vouch for Chris (Sage) and his business. I've been involved in VROC for many years, and he's always been top notch in dealing with his customers and making things right.
vroc~20268

Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
Mega-Contributor

I don't think it's really inconvenient to remove 2 bolts to remove a saddlebag. As far as keeping the chaps tight, couldn't shock cord be used to tension the ends? I honestly don't think velcro is a viable option.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
. My mother may not be with us much longer and I'm a bit side tracked currently. y'all will hear from me as soon as I have something to show.
Chris first off sorry to hear about your mom!Prayers out to you and the family in this hard time of your life!

Good to see a vendor who really cares about his product and designs . Your mom raised you well :)

Rich

Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #20

Add one more voice to those calling for the "old style" chaps that wrap (and gently stretch) from mounting peg to mounting peg. I had a set on my Nomad - sold them with the bike - and like others removed them only once or maybe twice a year, and they worked and looked just great. Make that product, and I'll buy a set. It's that simple.
VBA #00794
2011 Vaquero (Ebony)
replaced 2008 Nomad 1600 (Blue/Silver)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #21
Advanced Member

Well as much as I hate to say anything good about Sage!!! LOL!! He does very good work and will stand behind his products! I may have some of his products on a couple of my bikes - okay I do! Give him a little bit and he will iron out the bugs and then most people should be happy with the product! When we gonna see a half tank bib?? Sorry about your mom!!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #22

Oh yeah, Sagebrush Designs is well known for having excellent products.

Say, I'm embarrassed for not having wished Chris good things and expressed sympathy about his mom. So I'm doing that now.
VBA #00794
2011 Vaquero (Ebony)
replaced 2008 Nomad 1600 (Blue/Silver)

Old 01-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
My mother may not be with us much longer and I'm a bit side tracked currently. y'all will hear from me as soon as I have something to show.
Hate hearing about your mom, that can be one of the hardest to deal with. Kind and gentle thoughts for you and yours.

As far as service, Sage is currently making a tank bib for my Vaquero with a little extra to make it special, just for me! I'm getting the factory plastic bib hydro-dipped, just itching to put it all back together!

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #24

I think the threading in mine from PH Customs is almost like fishing line, not a lot of stretch to it. Might be the secret behind the tension of the full wrap around.
Downed Bikers Association#1063