Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #16

good luck with the repairs, it could happen with any brand of bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #17

Elevis,
I had a yamaha raider I bought new in 09 and it was never in the shop Had it been better for touring I wuld still have it . The wife was not comfortable on it and had no room for storge. Don't get me wrong I like the vaquero very much does what it doed very well I have just had several problems that should have been fixed under warranty and were not. Costing me over $500 out of my pocket after specking with the rep he is sending it to a shop to check everything on it.I have the dealer assembly and preparation check list with my bill of sale and it was never filled out or checked off shows how much effort was put into it being put together correctly. And I get a new set of driving lights for it installed free I hope they fix it right this time. And I will keep it a long time unless I hit the lottery haha. Guys m not just making this up out of my head I have a legitimate clam here. Thank You, B Cope.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #18

I think you had a bad dealer. Been there myself with my previous ride. It's not kawasaki that screwed you it's the dealer. My lat ride was a Suzuki. Same type of thing happened. Found another dealer who treated me right. So don't blame the brand blame the dealer.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #19

Rotoman when you have the service rep tell you three diffrent times their not going to fix it with a bike with 6400 miles on it because its ware and tear. When he head stem bolt nut was cross threaded at the factory and they say how do we know someone eles did not do it. When it was the first time it was takin appart the brand does not care about there customers I had to threatin to call the bbb o get them to call me to strightin things out. But they are going to make it right after a year and a half battleing them.