Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #16
Top Contributor

Trip,
You have created a great institution here, a place where I have made many new friends for life. It was my honor to serve as part of your staff and just know that in life, everything changes. My prayers are with you and your family in this uncertain time, but I know that you will land firmly on your feet. Everything happens for a reason, even if we don't yet know what that reason is. The VBA will be in great hands with Jared at the helm, of that I have no doubt. I will miss not seeing you in Estes Park and tossing back a few tequila shots as we did in Custer, but trust that Waterman, CJ, BD and the rest of our motley crew will have one (okay, maybe more) in your honor.... Best wishes to you in the future, whatever your future holds.

Jared,
Congratulations! Trip could not have made a better choice and the VBA will benefit greatly from your youthful leadership. There will be an initiation in Estes Park, of that you can rest assured.....
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #17

Congratulations, Jared. God bless you Trip, and your family in your search for continuation in your lives. Thank you both.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #18

Trip - Best wishes for you and your family on what has to be a very trying time. You should be proud of the amazing orginization you have created.

Jared - Congratulations to you and best of luck!
VBA #01806
Central IL Vulcan Riders

Old 03-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #19

Trip I want to thank you for starting such a great place for like minded people to gather and share with one another. Though I have riden for many years I have never been part of any group or club before. When I found this awesome, sexy, powerful bike, I also found the VBA. It had such a wealth of knowledge, and generous people. It gave me the confidence to do some mods and some semi difficult repairs. I knew if I screwed, up someone here would help me get it right.

As for your loss of employment, what a terrible blow. I too have been there many times. My prayers will go out for you and your wife. With your heart and drive I know you will succeed.

Congrats Jared you will be a great leader for the VBA.

Smitty from Utah
VBA #1992
2008 Nomad 1600
"It's better to ride alone, than sit and wait"
VROC#35105

Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #20

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Well Trip, I'm nearly rendered speechless and on the verge of heartbreak because of your situation. I had only a taste of what you're going through now February a year ago when my company down sized, and came through to take people to HR. The processes began on the other two shifts, and due to technology and cellphones word passed instantly. It was devastating to say the least, especially watching people that you work with for 20 years, with 25 or 30 years with the company, get their walking papers. I assure you your co-workers are disheartened by your misfortune and wish you a bright future. One of my best memories was a few of us having pie at the Purple Pie Palace that night!
I pray for the best for you and Kathy, and a quick turn around.

Thanks to VBA, I got to realize cross country trips on a Nomad and met great people from all over the country! Something I thought I was going to have to wait for until I retired. You could call it a dream, if you will. One I get to live over and over as much as I want to. Thanks everybody for a GREAT time!

Congratulations Jarad! Had Trip wanted a guy that would hold a bike rally that served sardines on soder crackers with beer in dive Motels that can be rented by the hour in the "Red Light District" of town within walking distance of Strip Clubs, and things such as that, I'duh been tapped on the shoulder. However! He didn't! He wanted someone with Champaign, Caviar and Wafer taste, staying at the best accommodations. I know you'll do great with this new appointment, and I wish you well.

Gosh, I feel like I'm writing a eulogy. You'll pull through this Trip!

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #21

Good luck Trip .. haven't been in VBA long, but was looking forward to meeting you... I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can make it to Estes

Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #22
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Ahhh.....I'm speechless. .......
I'm sorry to hear that your employer "cold clocked" you. I believe the old saying that the things in life that happen to us, happen for a reason. I have no doubt you'll be fine when the dust settles.
I hope the situation changes where you can see yourself clear to come to the National, where your friends can shake your hand and say a proper thank you. The impact you and KawaNOW/VBA have made, is immense for so many people. I think a natural progression would for you to go to work for Kawasaki Corp.. At any rate you'll do fine.

Jared !! Congratulations on the appointment to head this ever growing band of Brothers. I wish you all the very best and believe you'll continue to make VBA all that it can be. As a regional leader I look forward to working with you.

All the best to both of you !!

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #23

Trip,
Thank you for your leadership and all that you have done for all of us. Good luck to you and your family in getting through these difficult times. Sorry I won't be able to meet you in person at the VBA Rally in June but I'am looking forward to seeing you at one in the near future.

Joel,
You did a great job in Knab and I know you will do the same in Estes.

Jared,
Congratulations! Like Kris said Trip could not have made a better choice.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #24

Trip, I never had a chance to meet you, but we all always thought of you as the leader. And I always liked your style to let everyone be their self (without a bunch of rules). And congrats on building one of the best bike forums ever.

Congrats Jarrod, I'm sure you will carry on with the respect from everyone here. Everyone knows and likes your passion for our bikes. Now we just have to think up a good initiation... hmmmmm

Kawasaki 2010 Nomad 1700
Southern Oregon

Vance & Hines slash cut slip-ons
Cobra Powerpro CVT
Thunder Air Kit, stock cover
Kuryakyn Power Point 12v adaptor
Cobra Luggage Rack
Grasshopper back rest
Tomtom GPS

Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #25

Even tho I have never meet you in person Trip, I call you my Friend. I am also sorry they cold cock you with this, but Better things are there for you to find now. I wish you and Kathy the best.

Scott aka Farmer522
Southeast MO
VBA#01865
VROC #34433
VRA

Old 03-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Dayum Robert, you just hold it all in till the very end huh? You have done a wonderful thing for Kawasaki baggers and for the thousands of us who have been fortunate enough to find your site. I consider myself very lucky to have found you in the early days. I desperately needed mechanical advice and help with my then new Nomad and 59,000 miles later I'm still here and still looking for advice.

You have been a great friend and and excellent leader. You kept a firm but fair hand on the handlebars as you guided us down the road. I've been amazed at your leadership over the years. I can't thank you enough for all you have done and wish you all the best in the days to come. Jared has some huge boots to fill and I wish him well.

I look forward to raising a glass with you again at another rally.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #27

WOW. Thank you so much Trip for what you have created here, it was through KawaNow/VBA that I have met so many great people. Hanging with you and the SouthCentral boys last October was one of the best times I ever had. I am sure that you will pull through this trying time and come out better for it. I think that Jared is a great choice to take the reins of the VBA, he sure is passionate about motorcycling and particularly Vulcans.

Congratulations Jared, I am sure you will lead the VBA to great things. See you in Estes Park.

2011 National Rally
2012 NCR Rally
2012 Antlers Rally
2013 National Rally
2013 Antlers Rally
2014 NC/SC Rally
2014 Antlers Rally
2015 VRA/VBA Rally
2016 NCR Rally
2016 Antlers Rally
2017 Antlers Rally
2018 NC/SC Rally
2018 Antlers Rally
2019 Antlers Rally
2020 Antlers Rally
2022 Antlers Rally
2023 Antlers Rally

2021 Indian Roadmaster Limited
2022 Indian Roadmaster

Old 03-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #28

Daddy always said Keep It Simple. So I pass along my prayers, best wishes, condolences.

If you find yourself needing a ear to bend, well bend away.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #29

Wow Robert, startling news indeed. One door closes and several more open.
I am confident you and your family will be fine. Cheryl and I will add ya'll to our prayers.

Consistent with your past good judgment, you continue to make wise choices. Jared M. Gant has demonstrated the ability to build and look after what you started.

Hope to see you soon.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #30

Hey Boss, yeah, I'm still calling you Boss.
Blindsided after 17 years of service has got to sting a bit.
Add another Thank You to the many. I have enjoyed your leadership on this forum since 2007. We went back and forth a couple times and at Mr. Motorcycle when we met you said " Ahh, TC, the guy who bucks every decision I make"
I'm sure you will find new employment. Not sure I would have put the house on the market yet but you know what is best for you and Kathy.
I wish you and Kathy all the luck in the world.

Jared, you have some big shoes to fill. Put on your big boy pants. Everyone will not agree with all your decisions. You will be fine if you just remember this one piece of advice "Don't piss TC off"
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]