Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Coffey I don't think any of us could provide the answer you want. You know the delima and how each back must be packed differently. It's really your call. When I have choices I usually decide on them, not by popular opinion.
Yeah good thing you didn't ask our opinion before buying the Victory.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #17
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
I'm with "Inthewind" on this one.
Take less "stuff" and stay in hotel/motels. And ride your bike of choice. Having two rides you love, is a sweet problem to have. Have a great vacation "coffey" and keep the shiny side up.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 05-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #18

The first thing I thought when I read your post was sell Nomad use money for quick release backrest and rack. Left over money on hotels that include breakfast, A/C, pool, heat ect. Not to mention a bed. And enjoy eating out and happy hours. I always think I would like to try the camping thing but then my wife brings me back to reality.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 05-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #19

Thumbs Up

Or you could sell Nomad use proceeds and some savings and buy stock in polaris industries. Wait for it o double while collecting the 2% dividend(probably about 7-8 years) then go and buy a brand new Kawasaki and tell people victory motorcycles bought it for you.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 05-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffey67 View Post
Dilemma solved! I took the Nomad out for a ride to see what she would say. That was the first time I rode her since I bought the Vaquero. In comparison I like the Vaquero much better. I did not realize how much better until I rode the Nomad again. So, after the ride I got online and ordered the hitch for the Vaquero. I will ride my new Vaquero and tow my trailer. I also decided to sell the Nomad. She is an AWESOME bike and deserves to be rode. I just realized that I will not ride her very often after having the Vaquero under me. Here is a link to the Craigslist ad: http://carbondale.craigslist.org/mcy/3809527481.html
Given the choices, I'd also take the Vaq for that ride.

I'm no expert when it comes to selling bikes but I think your asking price is low for your Nomad.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
Given the choices, I'd also take the Vaq for that ride.

I'm no expert when it comes to selling bikes but I think your asking price is low for your Nomad.
I was thinking it's a little high.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 05-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Dilemma solved! I took the Nomad out for a ride to see what she would say. That was the first time I rode her since I bought the Vaquero. In comparison I like the Vaquero much better. I did not realize how much better until I rode the Nomad again. So, after the ride I got online and ordered the hitch for the Vaquero. I will ride my new Vaquero and tow my trailer. I also decided to sell the Nomad. She is an AWESOME bike and deserves to be rode. I just realized that I will not ride her very often after having the Vaquero under me. Here is a link to the Craigslist ad: http://carbondale.craigslist.org/mcy/3809527481.html
That is exactly what I would do. The whole camping thing is what I have been trying to talk the wife into. Only she says the gnd is too hard and hotels are the way to go :( Go figure, I guess she thinks we are made of money. Isnt the camping idea more for the quiet and togetherness? Oh and to save money on hotels so you can spend it on better meals and such

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #23

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldtimer View Post
That is exactly what I would do. The whole camping thing is what I have been trying to talk the wife into. Only she says the gnd is too hard and hotels are the way to go :( Go figure, I guess she thinks we are made of money. Isnt the camping idea more for the quiet and togetherness? Oh and to save money on hotels so you can spend it on better meals and such
Air mattress!!! Buy her an air mattress. Yes camping in a tent can add a little spice if yaa know what I mean!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Air mattress!!! Buy her an air mattress. Yes camping in a tent can add a little spice if yaa know what I mean!

O'YEA, A little "old Spice"

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #25

Riding and camping is the way to go IMO. Wife and I have being doing this for years. Love it.
Coffey67, when are you heading to the BRP. We'll be up on the BRP staying at Willville Bike camp in Meadows of Dan, Va. the week of June 19th thru 26th. It is located about 3/4 mile off the Parkway at milepost 178.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga