Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #16

Great idea and a nice job. The only thing I would have done different is use black hardware on the front of the windshield. But that's just me.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #17

recently purchased a windshield pouch from alscycleparts on ebay, you can search #1211101114005 they can be found in his store, they are made by UNIK, it has 4 matal tabs on the bottom and they need to have a hole drilled in each, and bend them toward the back in a 60 degree angle, remove the windshield locate the pouch where the 2 center tabs are aprox, 1 inch from the windshield, (MAKE SURE YOU USE TAPE OR SOMETHING ON YOUR DRILL BIT TO AVOID GOING TOO DEEP AND DAMAGING WIRING ETC.) install anchores and each screw as you drill them to prevent them being drilled in wrong location, place the outer tabs abainst the windshield then drill, reinstall the windshield, (make sure you line up the bolt holes carefully, if you misplace them you will have to take the fairing apart, the nuts are rubber and brass magnets wont work), i will try to add pictures. you can blackout the back of the windshield as indicated in the i did it post, but i removed the metal strip and used the dark short windshield which can stock on the vaquero (these can be found on ebay for about 20,00) the pouch was less than 50.00 and can be purchased with or without stud, quality made, i carry my phone in the side pouch and my glasses in the middle.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #18

pictures of install

pictures of windshield pouch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MOTORCYCLE PARTS 004.jpg (90.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg MOTORCYCLE PARTS 003.jpg (88.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg MOTORCYCLE PARTS 001.jpg (90.8 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by JUSTBROKEIN; 06-05-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: add pictures

Old 06-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #19

ya know, a windshield triple pouch with a built-in metal bracket that would line up with the existing windshield screws would be good. The pouches would probably need a little velcro strip along the top\back to hold it upright against the windshield. This would elimniate the need to drill additional holes in the windshield, which is what is keeping me from adding the pouches. OK all you fabricators....go to it...:)
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #20

Looking at the pouches that are made for the HD's, there's an extra flap of leather hanging down, that seems to be for clamping with the windshield bolts\screws. ON an HD, there's only 3 screws, but on the Voyagers, there's 5 screws. I may get one and modify the pouch "hanging-down-flap-thingy" with a few extra holes.
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #21

I have a tourmaster on my Nomad that is made for an hd with the flap. I just put some holes in it and used existing bolts from windshiel. I love it. It was only $40.

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster

Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win_surfur View Post
Looking at the pouches that are made for the HD's, there's an extra flap of leather hanging down, that seems to be for clamping with the windshield bolts\screws. ON an HD, there's only 3 screws, but on the Voyagers, there's 5 screws. I may get one and modify the pouch "hanging-down-flap-thingy" with a few extra holes.
i tried that before the one i used and it wouldnt work just wasnt even close the angle of the windshield is toosharp on the kawasaki , i tried three different ones before i went with the one i havfe in these picture and this one drilled into the top of dash, and the curve was great enough to keep the bag tight against the glass on the top.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #23

Well done sir, well done -Raymond

Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #24

Got the Kuryakyn tri-pouch product #4178. The flap won't work, cut it off. Going the velcro route. Also thinking about those 2 screw on top of the dash - wondering if I use those also, would probably want to use some silicon caulk on those just to keep water outa the dash.
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Old 06-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #25

The flap, what are you referring to? No on the two dash screws, didn't use them. The tri-pouch will fit nicely right down and the three bags sit perfect on the top of the dash.
2010 Voyager (Blue/Silver)sold
2001 Nomad (gone, but not forgotten)

www.chucksterscustoms.com

Old 06-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster131 View Post
The flap, what are you referring to? No on the two dash screws, didn't use them. The tri-pouch will fit nicely right down and the three bags sit perfect on the top of the dash.
I couldn't get the flap on the backside of the tri-pouch to fit in between he windshield and the fairing. The windshield angle is too sharp. I'll pull one of those dash screws this weekend & see how long it is, and what it goes into inside the dash.
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #27

Waitin for the paint to dry. got some velcro, but also went to the store & found some screws about 1/4" longer than the dash screws. With 2 wide flat washers inside the outer bags (I will drill a hole in the bottom of the outer bags to fit the screws through), that should hold the bags firmly in place, and though not theft 'proof' it's theft deterrent. More secure than just velcro. With the washers in place, it shouldn't allow those screws to go any deeper into the dash than the stock screws. Replacement screw size is Metric #6-1.00 x 20. I'll use the velcro in the middle section. I'musing Rust-oleum Aautomotive Enamel, Gloss black paint. Not too sure about the paint. Looks like it'll need a 2nd coat, waiting for the 1st coat to dry. Film at eleven :)
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Old 06-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #28

I Let the paint dry overnight. The bag fits... drilled holes in the bottom of the outer bags, and mounted the thing. It wasn't easy getting the holes & screws to line up. Lots of measuring, and remeasuring. I'm not a finish carpenter, by any stretch, so I know myself enough to know to double, triple check my measurements. Mounted the bag, screwed the screws in about half way, and it's snug to the shield, and looks great. My paint has a slight jagged edge in places along the top edge, so I'll look for a thin chrome pinstripe or something to dress it up. Pulled the nag back off so I can silicone underneath, around the screw holes. I'm taking pics as I go.
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Old 06-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #29

Done. It wasn't easy getting the new screws to thread into the existing holes - the angle is just too much. Once I got it sitting where I wanted, I removed the windshield again, tightened the 2 screws, then re-mounted the windshield. When I figure out how to post the pics, hopefully they will help. I like the way it looks.
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Last edited by Win_surfur; 06-23-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #30

Tri-Pouch install pics

Not the greatest pics, but you get the idea. Hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0387.jpg (91.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0386.jpg (84.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0384.jpg (92.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0389.jpg (94.8 KB, 33 views)
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp