Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #31
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
Defective design? That would be considered a defect.

I am not a lawyer, and I was only describing how we see these things in a specific alternative dispute settlement program that the manufacturer has already agreed to. I just thought it might be helpful to throw this out as to how Kawasaki would likely defend this. Yes, the burden of proof is on the consumer. "Buyer beware".

You might want to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, but they only seem to act if there are large numbers of similar complaints.

Hiring a lawyer and suing would probably be pointless, as your little lawyer vs. Kawasaki Motors hired gun$ legal team.

Sorry to be so negative. Probably easiest to sell the bike and move on...
Question: How many are you talking about when you say, "large numbers"?

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #32

Quick Question:

I'm getting ready to install the gasket from Thunder Mfg. In the service manual it says to apply a non-permanent locking agent. Any suggestions on the best one to use? I'm in Canada and the usual source for these types of products is Lordco or Canadian Tire so if anyone knows of something I can source locally that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Steve

Old 03-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoyette View Post
Quick Question:

I'm getting ready to install the gasket from Thunder Mfg. In the service manual it says to apply a non-permanent locking agent. Any suggestions on the best one to use? I'm in Canada and the usual source for these types of products is Lordco or Canadian Tire so if anyone knows of something I can source locally that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Steve
If you are talking about bolt threads then use blue Loctite.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 03-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #34
Top Contributor

Canadian Tire should have Blue Loctite. If not try Brafasco or Fastenal.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:14 PM   #35

Thanks everyone. Will keep you updated.

USPS tracking says my gasket is in LA en-route so hopefully will get it in time to install this weekend. Once done I will let everyone know the result.

Steve

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2014, 10:32 PM   #36

USPS tracking STILL says my gasket is in LA en-route...*sigh* Not very efficient :(

Old 04-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #37

An Update and a bit of an embarrassment

Ok,

So I installed the gasket and didn't really notice any difference to the stuttering. It did fix some idle variation and quick throttle acting odd from idle so was worth the $25ish bucks in the end after all. Since the bike now has 9150kms I figured it was time to get the 6000km service and decided to take it to the shop. I used a different shop than my local one that was a bit further away and vowed that if I heard "They're all like that" I would trade the bike in then and there. Well...here's the part that's a bit embarrassing...*sigh*...seems when I took off the Power Commander V to try and isolate a different issue I was having I crossed the wires for the fuel injectors (plugged the rear into the front and vice versa). Funny how that would be an issue huh? So now no stutter YAY!!! The guys at the shop were awesome and gave the bike a very thorough going over.

I'll be putting the PCV back on tomorrow morning and that should (hopefully) be the end of all of this (as long as I get the wires on right).

Steve

Old 04-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #38

Thats an easy mistake to make, and fix. good to hear you finally fixed it.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #39

Well, all better now and have re-installed power commander. Thing is that the bike now feels better than it ever did. Response is great and it runs way smoother in general...and this may just be wishful thinking but seems to have more hp even with the zero map.

I've installed the stock Voyager map (I have stock pipes and a K&N air filter) and have made some minor adjustments and it's just cooking along now. Will live with it this way for a bit before I make any other adjustments.

Thanks everyone for the input and help.

Steve

Old 04-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #40

Good to hear Mr Goyette.
Afterburner 4500LM LED headlamp
Ivan's Performance
12 VDC plug-in
BAK Thunder mfg.
Cobra Tri-Flo
2011 Ducati Monster 796
2006 GSXR 600 (track bike)

Old 05-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #41
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoyette View Post
An Update and a bit of an embarrassment

Ok,

So I installed the gasket and didn't really notice any difference to the stuttering. It did fix some idle variation and quick throttle acting odd from idle so was worth the $25ish bucks in the end after all. Since the bike now has 9150kms I figured it was time to get the 6000km service and decided to take it to the shop. I used a different shop than my local one that was a bit further away and vowed that if I heard "They're all like that" I would trade the bike in then and there. Well...here's the part that's a bit embarrassing...*sigh*...seems when I took off the Power Commander V to try and isolate a different issue I was having I crossed the wires for the fuel injectors (plugged the rear into the front and vice versa). Funny how that would be an issue huh? So now no stutter YAY!!! The guys at the shop were awesome and gave the bike a very thorough going over.

I'll be putting the PCV back on tomorrow morning and that should (hopefully) be the end of all of this (as long as I get the wires on right).

Steve
It's funny you mention this "syndrome." About getting things hooked up backwards. I have learned that if it can be put together backwards I usually do that first before I get it together correctly. Sooooo I have to keep an eye on myself.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Tags
engine, heat, stutter, throttle