Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 07-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
I'm glad you won't carry also if you think you might have pulled your gun on this guy.
When one decides to take the responsibility to carry a weapon they better have the restraint to know when and when not to use it.
I also don't plan on using it for home defense. I'm not professionally trained to do so. They stay locked, disassembled and separated from any ammo. Range use only. A gun, like a car makes people brave. They feel they can take on the world when they are in the car. A gun gives some people the same feeling. New York State is looking for any reason to take guns away. I'm not going to let road rage be the next reason..... at least on my part.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #32

You definitely think different than most as far as home defense. Let someone come into my home uninvited and threaten my family, the meat wagon will be picking them up. JMO
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 07-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2rat View Post
You definitely think different than most as far as home defense. Let someone come into my home uninvited and threaten my family, the meat wagon will be picking them up. JMO
I live with my girlfriend. She has a small child in the house. She is up several times a night. I would never know if some one broke into the house or not. There is always noise at night. I'm not totally without defense. I have a rather nice full tang carbon steel samurai sword I can get to. Gives me time to identify the situation rather than the shoot first ask questions after approach. New York has a Castle Doctrine BUT no Stand Your Ground Doctrine. I read the articles on this and it get more confusing each time. New York wants you to flea your home instead of defend it. Also you better hope the intruder doesn't trip over the ottoman in the living room or he can sue you in court and win.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPusher View Post
I live with my girlfriend. She has a small child in the house. She is up several times a night. I would never know if some one broke into the house or not.
That's called the Oscar Pistorius defense.