Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-01-2016, 11:36 PM   #1

Pissed Handling problems

Ok so I'm on a tight budget and had to replace my tires, went with shinko tour master 230. They had good reviews so thought I would try them. I rode to work this morning 50km(25 miles) and rode fine, got halfway home this evening and hit a pretty good side wind, ass end of the bike started to sway to the point where it actually scared me enough to slow down. I'm thinking maybe too low on psi? I also turned down my shocks to #1. Did the shop maybe not balance them proper? Has anyone had experience with these tires or this type of handling. Gonna recheck psi tonight and tighten shocks but thought I would seek some advise here as well
Thanx

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
Advanced Member

Put the shocks back to where you had them. Too many variables at once. It isn't balance, it would vibrate at speed not sway if that was the issue.

Hit the tires with the max psi printed on the sidewall of the tire, and start there.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #3

I was leaving balance as my last thought as well, put psi up 2 pnds short of max last night as well as putting shocks back, will be leaving for work in 10 mins so hopefully all will be good.