Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
Advanced Member

New front wheel bearings

Was getting an odd noise from the front end, so decided to park the bike and get some new bearings. Got them put in on Sunday, and from the looks of one of the bearings, just in time. Seal somehow was just about non existent. Guessing the ride in the rain didn't help any too.

I did somehow manage to mess up one of the seals before I even got it on the bike. I told my wife I'd take responsibility for that. Even though I said don't park in the driveway, and she did. Of course, running over one of my seals.

Now I could have just parked the bike and ordered another seal online, or hope they had one in stock at the local dealer when they opened today. Instead, I figured it would be just as easy to cross reference the size and get one from the local parts store. Getting the size numbers to match was a little more involved than I thought. No local stores had the ability, whether it be human or through the internet, to cross it over.

Finally, got it crossed over.

If you need a front seal for the Vaquero, and have an autozone nearby, the part is a Duralast seal #710310.

Special thanks to the autozone website for not putting the exact size of any seals on their page. Two trips up there just to see if it were close on other part numbers. Fortunately, the correct one I found the size on somewhere else, so knew it would fit.

Riding a lot smoother now too.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-14-2016, 11:48 PM   #2

Always good to have a choice in parts, dealer vs aftermarket, vs auto parts and so on. Thanks for the effort in finding these and sharing the info.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:21 AM   #3

Riders helping riders, thats what its all about. There are a few big crossreference charts out on the internet, all you have to do is know the right place to look. Machine Shops, machine rebuilders, and mechanics all use these. Dixie Bearings years back had a great site with cross reference for belts, seals, bearings, etc. The also listed IDs, ODs, Widths, Tapered, roller, needle.
Listed the diff. #s from diff. mfg'ers for all these....
http://www.skf.com/binary/79-66347/457013.pdf
http://www.fersa.com/en/bearing-cros...facturer-brand

Theres several more....hope this helps....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 12-15-2016 at 12:27 AM.