Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #1

Got a question

Been awhile since I've been on the site, but anyways hello from god's country up here in Wilberforce, Ontario. Between building our new house and work haven't had much time to see what's been going on here or worse even get out on my bike. Right hips been getting worse with my sciatic being pinched and the longer rides [hr plus] make it numb and hard to get my foot down when coming to a stop. Been thinking about a trike but hate to get rid of my voyager, does anyone have any views [yeah right ] on a good trike kit. Thanks in advance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-28-2020, 06:06 PM   #2

What is pinching the sciatic nerve?

Old 06-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #3
Top Contributor

20 years and I still have not found out what causes my sciatica. I have had every test you can think of and 2 surgeries.

To answer George's question unless your Voyager has very low mileage adding a trike kit to a high mileage bike is a really bad investment. Better to find a low mileage trike already done.

Old 06-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #4

Since you have had 2 surgeries (I’m guessing on your back) that answers the question.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:54 AM   #5

Happened sitting on my wallet during long drives in the truck, you know when we always carried our wallet in our back pocket and couldn't figure out why our back was sore.
Bike's got 37,000 km on it, been looking for a trike and haven't seen anything I like. Wish I could afford a new bike but other bills to pay right now besides still got a love affair with the bike I have right now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Have you looked at "Ride On " trike kits like the Voyager Trike Kit? A buddy of mine is a dealer for them here - He is a great guy and has been my Mechanic for over 10 years. He and his wife have become good friends - I hope to be spending part of the 4th of July with Wolf and Mama.

Here is his web site so you can see what I am talking about: https://wolfincmc.com/

If you have questions bout these systems, give him a call - tell him Eric and "The Tractor" (what he calls my Voyager because she is so heavy) sent you to him.

Good Luck!

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 06-30-2020, 04:32 AM   #7

Thanks for the info

Old 06-30-2020, 09:59 AM   #8

Sciatica only has two causes, nerve is pinched by vertebral bodies or soft tissue. The first is a surgical solution the second is usually a muscle imbalance. Some muscles are too tight others are too weak. Posture also plays a big role but it is also dictated by our muscles and the positions we put them in. Can’t expect a muscle to do what God made it to do if we keep putting it in the wrong position to do it. Look up hamstring, hip flexor, piriformis stretches on line. That’s only half the prob, must also strengthen the opposing muscle groups ie quadriceps, glutes, and internal rotators as well as correct out posture. Feel free to contact me through site if any questions. Ride on.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #9
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Happened sitting on my wallet during long drives in the truck, you know when we always carried our wallet in our back pocket and couldn't figure out why our back was sore.
Bike's got 37,000 km on it, been looking for a trike and haven't seen anything I like. Wish I could afford a new bike but other bills to pay right now besides still got a love affair with the bike I have right now.
There was a trike in North Bay a couple of weeks ago that was an absolute steal. A 2000 Honda 1500 Gold Wing trike with 100,000 kms.
I would have driven the 5 hours to go and see it but it was sold before I could get there. I could have bought it for $7000 !

Old 07-01-2020, 04:50 AM   #10

That's the problem with them so few and most used trikes are still pricey. My 2010 Voyager has around 37,000 K on it and most of the trikes out there are sporting at least double that and still want in the neighborhood of twenty thousand. this is my second Voyager, first was a 1300, other then the cam chain stretching I enjoyed that bike also. Because of the low km on my 1700 is the only reason that I'm considering the kit for it. I've always considered the Goldwing a good bike but to me anyways if I wanted to ride with all the bells and whistles I'd buy a Cadillac

Old 07-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by napom View Post
Have you looked at "Ride On " trike kits like the Voyager Trike Kit? A buddy of mine is a dealer for them here - He is a great guy and has been my Mechanic for over 10 years. He and his wife have become good friends - I hope to be spending part of the 4th of July with Wolf and Mama.

Here is his web site so you can see what I am talking about: https://wolfincmc.com/

If you have questions bout these systems, give him a call - tell him Eric and "The Tractor" (what he calls my Voyager because she is so heavy) sent you to him.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info!

VN 800 A - VN 900 Classic
VN 1700 Vaquero

Usque ad finem.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:30 AM   #12

I was plagued with Sciatica for years. I found a book in the library called ecentrics, which are basically easy low impact exercises for your supporting core muscles. It didn't take long before I noticed the positive effects of these easy workouts. Now I'm back riding. Try it out. Worked great for me, and didn't cost anything.