Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #1

If it isn't one thing, it is another

::)It is a never ending battle. I wired up my accessory plug to the spares in the headlight and it worked fine. Or at least it worked until I took my first ride. I put in a cup holder then had to move it for my speakers But it was to far down on the bars for me. Oh and of course the speakers worked great until I noticed that one was not pointed at me so that at 70+ it couldn't be heard. So last night I went out and opened the headlight. Yep! the accessory plug wire wasn't crimped enough to the connector and slipped loose. I then loosened the mirrors and set the speakers correctly (Pointed at me). Lastly I reset the cup holder. Then off for a ride with my IPod charging, my speakers sounding great and my coffee to hand.

Oh! Oh! Why is my windshield crooked. Of course, I obviously didn't tighten one of the bolts enough and it is gone. Oh well, it never ends. Off to the MC shop tonight.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #2

Had similar problems after i wired my outlet. SOmething touched in the bucket and the fuse blew out. So back to work, I wrapped and insulated the whole relay and all the connections so nothing can touch now.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #3

On some connections that vibrate a lot, I'll use a bit of shrink tube to help hold it and seal the connection as well. It works well in areas like the headlight bucket.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 06-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #4

Sounds like you were to just to excited to install the goodies. Try to slow down. I know it's hard. This happens to me a lot also.