Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #1

Getting scared yet?

Florida Principal, Athletic Director Could Go to Jail for Prayer Before Lunch at School

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Getting scared yet?

Our rights are being stolen from us one lunatic decision, one settlement, one lost battle at a time and we stand around and let it happen. I'm not scared, I'm pissed off. We can not let this stand. Is there any way that we can contribute to the defense of these men?
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #3

Getting scared yet?

We need to get as united as the left has done with information and facts based on truth.
United we stand used to stand for freedom, not destroying it.

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #4

Getting scared yet?

Sounds like the Liberty Council would be a place to begin....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...home_headlines

"I have been defending religious freedom issues for 22 years, and I've never had to defend somebody who has been charged criminally for praying," said Mathew Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, the Orlando-based legal group that is defending the two school officials

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #5

Getting scared yet?

Reagan responds to Obama and his supporters

1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Getting scared yet?

If y'all get a chance, read Revelations, a lot of it is happening right now. We are living it. Jamie

Old 08-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #7

Getting scared yet?

Liberty Counsel does have a website and they do take donations. I'm sending some money.

http://www.lc.org/

If we don't stand together we will fall seperately.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
Mega-Contributor

Getting scared yet?

Okay, I'll stick my neck out here and state that I think prayer has no place in a public school. There, I said it. Now wait, before you hop on your Nomads to come whip some religion into me - I attended a Lutheran grade school for 6 years. No problem in a setting like that. It's run by a religious organization and the school was attached to the chapel. My parents knew that and that's the decision they made for me.

Public school is different. Not everyone who attends a public school has the same beliefs. Some don't believe at all. It isn't up to the school administrators to determine which belief is sanctioned in a public school environment (unless you live in Utah, and I'm only being half sarcastic. I did attend public school there as well).

I wouldn't tolerate a teacher or administrator promoting their religion or trying to convert my kids for one second. You can bet your arse I'd be on the phone with the district superintendent, and if he/she wouldn't do something about it, I'd escalate it from there.

I'm not anti-religion, I just don't believe religion has any place in a public school.

Okay, take your best shots.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Getting scared yet?

POW!!! ZING# KABONG!!!!

there I did it!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 08-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #10
Mega-Contributor

Getting scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
POW!!! ZING# KABONG!!!!

there I did it!!
Huh? Anybody else feel a breeze in here?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #11

Getting scared yet?

Well Cactus your right, the problem is as follows:

Last month, students at Friendswood Junior High in Houston were required to attend an "Islamic Awareness" presentation during class time allotted for physical education. The presentation involved two representatives from the Council on American-Islamic Relations, an organization with a record of Islamist statements and terrorism convictions. According to students, they were taught that "there is one God, his name is Allah" and that "Adam, Noah and Jesus are prophets." Students were also taught about the Five Pillars of Islam and how to pray five times a day and wear Islamic religious garb. Parents were not notified about the presentation and it wasn't until a number of complaints arose that school officials responded with an apologetic e-mail.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...cstillwell.DTL

Islam studies required in California district
Course has 7th-graders memorizing Koran verses, praying to Allah
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25997

So it appears that the foundation religion in our country cannot "practice" or as you would say "force" religion on anyone... but that "promoting" a religion in sschools only applies to Christianity.

That is what has become the problem, and why I posted are you scared yet.

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #12

Getting scared yet?

Sorry CJ, free speech means free speech. Have you walked through a public high school hallway lately? The foul language that is used by students will curl your hair! These kids are not to be coddled and God should not be forced out of our lives to the benefit of filth. There is no free speech, there is selective enforcement and persecution. If we don't realize that and stop falling in the trap of trying to protect our kids from someone else' religion then pretty soon we will not have any religion that is legal. Whatever happened to tolerance for anothers beliefs? I don't mind going to an event and having a Baptist or a Methodist or Mormon or anyone else deliver a prayer for the group, the way I see it their point of view enriches my experience and helps me to grow whether I totally agree or not. By saying that we are drawing the line and not going to put up with another religion praying then all we get is the low life filthy language that our kids are subject to now. According to the law anyone can use whatever filthy language they want in public and there is nothing we can do. They can wear printed shirts with all kinds of shocking vulgar statements and we can't stop them. The only thing we can do is leave. Where are our rights as decent God loving members of the community? I would rather have God in our lives and in our schools.

As far as the establishment of a religion goes. The Founding Fathers we against the establishment of one denomination over another not against recognizing Christianity in general. In fact their writings bear that out. They recognized that we are a Christian nation. Our current President is wrong.

Political correctness is going to kill us and we will be subject to Sharia Law and we will wonder why if we don't stop fighting among ourselves. We need to embrace each other as Christians. Sure we don't all agree theologically but so what? The basis for our belief is the same, we all want our children to live in a peaceful society free from vulgarities and debachery but that is not what we are getting.

Let us pray................
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #13

Getting scared yet?

That was very well said Idaho, I work in a high school and the language the students use is beyond disgusting. North America was founded basically as a christian society as it was being settled. The fact that other beleifs from around the world are having an influence on our way of life bothers me. If they want to do there own thing I don't care, but don't tell me that what we have done for century's has to stop and be taken out of our schools. The people who created this political correctness are as much to blame as anyone because these are the spineless administrators that don't want any confrontation and think they are making everyone happy with there bad decisions.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #14

Getting scared yet?

If a few people don't want there children in class when they are praying then they should send a note to the school asking them to excuse there child during prayer time, they have no more or less rights than I do and I would like to have prayer in our school.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
Mega-Contributor

Getting scared yet?

Apparently for some, free speech only means Christian free speech. Not Jewish free speech, not Buddhist free speech, not atheist free speech, and certainly not Islamic free speech.

You can't have it both ways. If you allow one belief in public school, you have to allow them all. Good or bad.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060