Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #1

Honda to buy Harley....

Anyone for a Metric Harley?????Rumor has it Honda is trying to buy Harley Davidson and it showed on the stock market today, Harley stock jumped almost 3.00 a share. Someone at Honda or Harley leaked the news just for that reason to drive up the stock thus increasing the buy-out cost. It will be interesting to see if this is the real deal. If so the Poor Harley guy's BOO HOO.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #2

Honda to buy Harley....

Then we could have the choice of an Honda Electra Wing or Gold Glide

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to bikerjohn
Honda to buy Harley....

Now we will be able to smoke those Harleys....will they now be called HH's, instead of HD's??
I wonder if Honda will can the loud pipes too?? Just glad I brought a Nomad, after all!!

Old 04-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Honda to buy Harley....

I hope Honda buys them and then drops the Harley line and name completely.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #5

Honda to buy Harley....

Are you sure this shouldn't have been posted on April 1st?

It seems this same rumor comes around every April for some time now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #6

Honda to buy Harley....

"Gold Glide" kind'a has a nice ring to it. To many concepts to think about. Maybe the
"Shadow FXR"

Old 04-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #7

Honda to buy Harley....

Its all over the web just punch it in....

Old 04-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #8

Honda to buy Harley....

Everything I find is dated 2007. It looks like it was buzzing for a while then fizzled out. Anyone find anything recent?

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 04-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #9

Honda to buy Harley....

It all INTERNET rumor.. They set up a full fake Stock Market page and stuff like that............ WOULD be cool if it were true..LOVE to see the faces on HARD CORE HD people who wont talk to Metric riders LOL.......BUT HDs run ALL oversea electrics and the only US part now on a HD is the Motor and maybe frame,,all else is imported, just look at the GENUINE HD partsat th HD dealer. stamped made in China, or ?? but not the USA. :) Either way I still like HDs,, and all bikes...

Old 04-05-2008, 06:48 AM   #10
Advanced Member

Honda to buy Harley....

I'd really hate to see another American company go down the tubes. Where I live NAFTA has killed loads of American industries and anyone we can keep is a blessing.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #11
Sr. Contributor

Honda to buy Harley....

Rubbish

Quote:
Anyone for a Metric Harley?????Rumor has it Honda is trying to buy Harley Davidson and it showed on the stock market today, Harley stock jumped almost 3.00 a share. Someone at Honda or Harley leaked the news just for that reason to drive up the stock thus increasing the buy-out cost. It will be interesting to see if this is the real deal. If so the Poor Harley guy's BOO HOO.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #12

Honda to buy Harley....

Quote:
I'd really hate to see another American company go down the tubes. Where I live NAFTA has killed loads of American industries and anyone we can keep is a blessing.
I have to agree,, TOO many Co. are giving TAX breaks from OUR Government to go overseas. we loose jobs... I think we need jobs here not overseas ...In Maine we have lost a TON of Co.. Moved out of Country and out of state.. Pretty soon US will be a service business only.. anyone Low skilled of does manufacturing jobs will be S.O.L. Rich

Old 04-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Honda to buy Harley....

Yeah, but does Maine make it inviting for companies to want to go there or stay there? For instance, a web development and hosting company wanted to come to Jackman ME. I own property there. They approached the town board and the board did everything to discourage it and they were successful, meanwhile the town continues to decline. Some people are their own worst enemies, especially when it comes to change. It seems they'd rather have people colect welfare and drink themselves to death, than have a company come in that at the very least will add to the tax base, and probably offer employment. This is not the Jackman where my grandfather purchased property prior to the "great society." Sometimes opportunity has to be created, and or seized. Too many people are expecting the answers to their problems to come from the government. The truth is, since we are in a global economy, labor is cheaper overseas. Couple this with Americans want there gadgets and toys cheap. You are only getting what you want.

Quote:
[quote:dyxeog7r]I'd really hate to see another American company go down the tubes. Where I live NAFTA has killed loads of American industries and anyone we can keep is a blessing.
I have to agree,, TOO many Co. are giving TAX breaks from OUR Government to go overseas. we loose jobs... I think we need jobs here not overseas ...In Maine we have lost a TON of Co.. Moved out of Country and out of state.. Pretty soon US will be a service business only.. anyone Low skilled of does manufacturing jobs will be S.O.L. Rich[/quote:dyxeog7r]
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 04-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #14

Honda to buy Harley....

I don't mind having Chinese working as our slaves, sending me goods at dirt cheap prices. But to buy even those I still need a job, and I'm not going to compete with slave labor by trying to make the same things. We gotta be a step above that, at least!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Honda to buy Harley....

Yeah, but that slave labor makes almost everything that you use now. It's not only the cheap chotzkes, but almost everything. Your computer, monitor, even parts on cars now. It's very difficult to find american made goods anymore, and even then, it's probably just assembled here. We've become a country of service industries. Sure there is some high tech manufacturing, R&D, etc, but even that stuff will go away eventually, at least until we run out of places to make things cheaper than here. THe problem may come if and when the Chinese want to leverage the trade imbalance and the amount of our debt they have bought. They have us by the b@lls.

Quote:
I don't mind having Chinese working as our slaves, sending me goods at dirt cheap prices. But to buy even those I still need a job, and I'm not going to compete with slave labor by trying to make the same things. We gotta be a step above that, at least!
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT