Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #1

Saddlebag chaps (second time the charm)

Fellow riders.
I know it's unusual to get personal with a Vendor and I want to thank you all very much for your patience and kind words while we work through the process of dealing with a very ill family member. It's difficult to focus on developing a new product and carrying on business as usual with numerous trips out of town. So thank you again.

Onto the good news.... I believe we have a winner this time. The new version does indeed connect to the saddlebag using the two pegs on the bottom of the bag. The chap is long enough to have a hole in each end that fits nicely around that peg. The chap does need to be stretched slightly to get over the second peg and the fit is tight to the bag all around. It couldn't fit much better at all actually.
I've taken a couple of quick pictures to give you all an idea of the look and won't have too many more to illustrate the look on the bike for a bit yet. The dealer won't let me remove the bag on a showroom bike so until I can get to back to Ed's with his bag and some good photo light I won't have much to show.
I look forward to any comments or questions about what you see here.

Chris

http://www.sagebrushdesigns.com/saddlebag_chaps.html

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Fellow riders.
I know it's unusual to get personal with a Vendor and I want to thank you all very much for your patience and kind words while we work through the process of dealing with a very ill family member. It's difficult to focus on developing a new product and carrying on business as usual with numerous trips out of town. So thank you again.

Onto the good news.... I believe we have a winner this time. The new version does indeed connect to the saddlebag using the two pegs on the bottom of the bag. The chap is long enough to have a hole in each end that fits nicely around that peg. The chap does need to be stretched slightly to get over the second peg and the fit is tight to the bag all around. It couldn't fit much better at all actually.
I've taken a couple of quick pictures to give you all an idea of the look and won't have too many more to illustrate the look on the bike for a bit yet. The dealer won't let me remove the bag on a showroom bike so until I can get to back to Ed's with his bag and some good photo light I won't have much to show.

Chris

Looking good!!
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #3

this version looks good but i am only interested in a studded version.not interested in studding them myself.also the underside would need some type of felt backing to prevent scratching the paint.for me the price would be a secondary consideration.
thanks for your work on this during these trying times.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Old 02-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #4

Those are really nice! I wish your family member a speedy recovery. Thanks for listening to us.

Gene Chestnut
Dover, DE
USAF 1968-1995
VBA#01761
2007 Nomad 1600
Black and Titanium

Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #5

Looks very nice and fit is great thanks for your effort and best wishes to your family member and a speedy recovery.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Now we're cooking. That looks great.

VBA member #01682
Green 1999 Nomad 1500 carb'd 43,000 miles
JOG'd at 20,000, JOG failed at 40,000
SOG'd at 40,000
Darksider

Last edited by danimal2; 02-15-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
Advanced Member

Okay, that looks very good! Only have one question? So you polished the heck outa one of my saddlebags -now the other one is gonna look like crap unless I polish it!! Man, all your doin is makin me more work! Your worse than my ole lady! LOL!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Fellow riders.

Chris

That looks sharp! Looking forward to the future pics.

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Candy Fire Red/Metallic Diablo Black
B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter
VBA #02190

Old 02-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewindgy View Post
Okay, that looks very good! Only have one question? So you polished the heck outa one of my saddlebags -now the other one is gonna look like crap unless I polish it!! Man, all your doin is makin me more work! Your worse than my ole lady! LOL!!!
Heh heh yes I did indeed Ed but I'll do the orhter one too. You're responsible for the rest of the bike though. :-)

Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #10

That's exactly the design I wanted. An order will be forthcoming. Thanks.
VBA #00794
2011 Vaquero (Ebony)
replaced 2008 Nomad 1600 (Blue/Silver)

Old 02-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Heh heh yes I did indeed Ed but I'll do the orhter one too. You're responsible for the rest of the bike though. :-)
You can borrow my bags too for photos if it means that you'll get them all polished up too!

But then they'd look so good that a guy would have to do the rest of the bike to match.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 Nomad 1600, Blue & Silver

Old 02-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #12

Looks great and thanks for adapting to customer feedback! Wish all the best to your relative, as that is more important than the chaps design.

Yoda
VBA #01311
SCRC Chapter 289
07 Nomad

Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #13

Is there any type of lining inside the chaps. I've been looking for a set of these myself. I would like something that will leave no markings once removed.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #14

Will these be available with lacing so as to match my tank bib?

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bear View Post
Will these be available with lacing so as to match my tank bib?
No side lacing available for these.