Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
Top Contributor

Riders of Kawasaki - Time for input

As many of you know, ROK has always been generous with donations for raffles. This year is no exception. I recently talked to Brian Gibson with ROK and he would like some input from VBA's members that are ROK and those that aren't ROK members. You can look at ROK membership benefits here: http://www.kawasaki.com/ROK/. There is a discount code that is a sticky above in this thread.

1) What new benefits would you like to see from ROK?
Now keep in mind, radical changes might require rate hikes so give some reasonable ideas as well as some real changes that might be good to have with a membership.

2) What are reasons for not being an ROK member? I know many people are members of AMA but why not ROK. I have memberships in both. Going back to question 1, what would it take to entice you to purchase a ROK membership.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #2

• 24-Hr Roadside Assistance (Truly a good reward)
• Annual subscription to Accelerate™ magazine (Anyone can read Accelerate. It's not exclusive for ROK members, and as a result adds nothing to the membership)
• ROK Hospitality (Not too sure what this even is)
• $50 Kawasaki Gift Certificate for completion of an MSF Skills Class (I've already taken the class and am not interested in retaking it)
• Personalized ROK Membership Card (A card with my name on it? Hardly a reward)
• ROK Road Atlas (95% of the time I'm going to be using a GPS.)
• ROK Patch and Pin (Cool, but little value)
• Sponsor Discounts (Depends on the sponsor, but it seems like everyone is willing to give discount now a days.)

I think ROK has to decide if they're offering a motorcycle club and camaraderie or if they're offering rewards. Of the things listed as "benefits" there's really nothing of value other than the road side assistance. If they're going to offer camaraderie, THEY need to host events that are exclusive to ROK members only.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Last edited by Jared; 05-28-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #3

I don't know what they could do to make me join.
I belong to the AMA.
The AMA gives me the free roadside assistance if I let them take my dues automatically from my credit card each year so I already have that benifit.
The AMA fights for my rights as a motorcycle rider, I don't think ROK is big enough to have an impact there.
The freebies at our rallies are fun but I would not miss them if they stopped doing that.
Well, I would miss Teri so maybe just having her show up at our rallies is enough to make me join.
Yeah, I guess I will go sign up now.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #4

I read the "rewards of membership" and agree with Jared. With that said I figured I would be saving $10 on my insurance by dropping roadside assistance so my actual cost of membership would be $19.95. For $19.95 I'll give it a try for a year, if it works for me I'll stay if not I won't renew. Just joined.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #5

I e- mailed them several times to ask if it is available for Canadian Kawasaki owners and ever got a reply. I think Kawasaki Canada has something available but it is geared when buying a new bike. The cost was $70-90 and the coverage is not as good as ROK offers. Presently looking into the Goldwing one which ever covers your car and truck. $ 90 Canadian per year. It is open to anyone,you just pay more to be an associate member.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
2) What are reasons for not being an ROK member? I know many people are members of AMA but why not ROK. I have memberships in both. Going back to question 1, what would it take to entice you to purchase a ROK membership.
How about I don't own a Kawasaki? That's a pretty good reason, I think. I belong to HOG and AMA.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
I don't know what they could do to make me join.
I belong to the AMA.
The AMA gives me the free roadside assistance if I let them take my dues automatically from my credit card each year so I already have that benifit.
The AMA fights for my rights as a motorcycle rider, I don't think ROK is big enough to have an impact there.
The freebies at our rallies are fun but I would not miss them if they stopped doing that.
Well, I would miss Teri so maybe just having her show up at our rallies is enough to make me join.
Yeah, I guess I will go sign up now.
As for the roadside assistance TC, I have stacked AMA on top of ROK to gain miles when towed. As for fighting for our rights, that is really the only reason I signed up with AMA.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 05-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #8

Joel, ROK and AMA will both pay on the same towing event?
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
I read the "rewards of membership" and agree with Jared. With that said I figured I would be saving $10 on my insurance by dropping roadside assistance so my actual cost of membership would be $19.95. For $19.95 I'll give it a try for a year, if it works for me I'll stay if not I won't renew. Just joined.
With the discount code "VBA1216" you already get $10 off.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 05-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
As for the roadside assistance TC, I have stacked AMA on top of ROK to gain miles when towed. As for fighting for our rights, that is really the only reason I signed up with AMA.
I did not realize you could add them together. Good to know.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 05-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #11

I joined this year at daytona, the road side is good, but we really joined for the rok hospitality. they feed us every morning with light breakfast had a covered area to sit near the demo rides that my wife loved as i tested everything in sight. staff was really friendly. they have a ride every yr and did a free dinner (we got in a day after it happend) the breakfast was worth the cost alone. we also got priority sign up for demos.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #12

I talked to Brian a couple of weeks ago on the phone. He asked the same sort of questions of me. Seems they are looking for incentives to improve the membership. He asked if hotel discounts would be of interest and I said of course. I believe Harley has similar with Best Western, Harley rider I think. I suggested dealer discount on parts and service, not a one time thing but x percent off upon presentation of the card. He liked that but pointed out it would not work in Canada. He did point out that the roadside is valid all through Canada though as well as the US.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #13

I am a ROK member.

Joined, as AAA Southern New England does not cover MC towing.

Joined using the discount code posted here. Then, Won a free year at a Test Ride day, so that covered my second year. Am up for renewal soon.

The joining package includes a water proof box, that perfectly fits the S3 Samsung phone.

Have not seen the demo truck at Laconia. Although all others are there. So, no hospitality benefit. Must say when I saw the demo truck in Mansfield, MA the people were great, and enjoyed the event.

Looked it up, Demo truck is at Americade first week of June. Could make Laconia if they wanted to.
VBA # 02065 VROC #29763

Sold - 2006 Nomad Green/Silver - Cobra Light Bar & Luggage Rack, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Phat II Risers, Mustang w/backrest, Vista Cruise, Vance & Hines, PCIII, Kruiser Kaddy, Classic Engine Guard Chaps, Electrical Connection R,B,T LED Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light.

Current Ride - 15 Road Glide S.

Last edited by puckoach; 05-28-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:48 AM   #14

I also belong to ROK

Old 05-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #15

I also belong to both ROK and AMA.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold